RepairingClothing

Repairing Faded Hemline When Lengthening Jeans

I am lengthening my jeans and there is white line all around the blue jeans. Do I have dye these to remove the line?

Best Answer

Sharpies are now made in quite a few colors so you may be able to find a match - or close.

• If you use a darker color you can lighten it some with a cloth dipped in vinegar - just smear it on the line and into surrounding area.
  • You do not say if this is for a male or female but if for a female then you could try adding a strip of lace or other material.
  • If you visit one of the big craft stores in your area, I feel sure they would have lots of suggestions.
  • You mentioned dying... This is not an easy task and there is no guarantee that your line will not still be lighter than the rest of the jeans.

Male 7yr old will also visit . Will see if the sharpie works if not will visit a craft store. Grandson growing so fast and only thing is pants too short

You can use a matching sharpie and draw over the line.

I would be really bold and glue with" Washable Fabric Glue " a 1/2 inch wide piece of ribbon all around the white line, if you like try and match the color of the jeans OR being really daring use a pretty light color ribbon.