Removing Sleeves from a Snuggie

Category Sewing
This is a guide about removing sleeves from a Snuggie. If you don't like having sleeves on your Snuggie, here is a great tip about removing them and patching the holes left behind.

Several years ago, we received Snuggies for Christmas. I never was fond of the sleeves. They were in my way. Eventually, I took the sleeves off by removing the stitches and used the sleeves to patch the two holes left in the blanket. The material does not ravel and no hemming was required making it very easy to do.

To patch the sleeve hole, I laid the holes over the sleeve fabric and traced them with a marker. I cut the marked fabric about ½ inch wider than the holes. After basting the patches in place, I doubled stitched them using the sewing machine. With no sleeves, the snuggie works much better for me.

I enjoy using my blanket especially while laying around watching TV and it is perfect for a little extra cover during the winter months. My husband will not part with the sleeves on his Snuggie. He likes to throw them over his feet when it is cold.

A pic of somebody "wearing" it would've been helpful. I dont know what these suggies look like