Making a Crochet Child's Snuggie
Your children will love this warm, cozy handcrafted snuggie. This is a page about making a crochet child's snuggie
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I decided to try and make my daughter a snuggie. This is what I came up with. :) It is a very simple and easily repeatable stitch. She loves it and it keeps her cozy when she is sitting on the couch. Now my other kids want one, I better go get started! This should fit around ages 9-12.
Total Time: 16 hours?
- "I" crochet hook
- 4 balls #4 worsted weight yarn, 426 yards each
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- For front panel: Ch 96
- 1 dc in 3rd ch from hk, 1 dc in next ch, *skip 3 ch, 1 sc in next ch, ch 3, 1 dc in each of next 3 ch,* Repeat steps between ** till last 3 ch. Skip 2 ch, 1 sc in last.
- Ch 3, turn. 2 dc in same space as ch 3. Skip 3 stitches, *sc, ch 3, 3 dc in ch 3 space, skip next 3 dc,* Repeat steps between ** till last 4 stitches, skip 3, 1 sc in last.
- Repeat last row 56 times. End off, weave in ends.
- Back Panel: Ch 48, work same as first row for front panel, except repeat row pattern until only 2 stitches remain at end of row. Skip 1, sc in last.
- Repeat second row of front panel.
- Repeat second row 56 more times. End off, weave in ends. Repeat and make a second panel.
- You will now place your back panel on top of your front panel at the edge. Both top edges will be together. You will be making your shoulder seams now.
- Starting at the edge and working through both thicknesses, join yarn with a sc and work 18 sc. You will only join for a length of about 5 1/4". Why? You need to leave room for the neck.:)
- Repeat with the other panel on the other edge. 2 shoulder seams attached!
- You will now go to the bottom of the panels. Line the sides up, join yarn with a sc and working through both thicknesses, make 92 sc.
- You are stopping here to leave room for a cute little arm.:)
- You're getting close now; time for the arms. With right side facing you, join yarn in the armpit area with a slip st. Ch 3, 2 dc in same space, now work 9 "clusters" of sc, ch 3, 3 dc across the arm opening. End with a sc in between your first ch 3 and dc.
- For the second row, work same as second row of front panel.
- Work 21 more rows. End off, weave in ends. Repeat for other arm.
- Collar: With right side of snuggie facing you and laying flat, join yarn with slip st in the top right corner of back panel.* Collar is worked across top of back and front panels.
- Ch 3, 2 dc in same space, work 15 clusters as sleeves evenly across entire top, end with sc in last sc.
- Repeat row 2 of front panel. Repeat 6 times more for a total of 8 rows, or as long as you like. :)
- Weave in ends and enjoy!
November 16, 20150 found this helpful
You're so talented! I want one! :) Thumbs up
November 21, 20150 found this helpful
I love the picture so much. Sissy looks pretty in it.
January 24, 20170 found this helpful
Wow! cool! I think it's so long to do it!)