Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Canning Soups That Contain Milk

I want to can cream of broccoli and corn chowder soup and want to know if I make it with milk and and thicken with butter and flour will this be okay? How long and do I hot bath or pressure can it?

By Lucy from Madison, NY

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Lenny12/02/2010

I have been thinking about this for a while. I think hot bath, and eat it within 2 weeks. I am going to work on this myself, also so will write back. I have 26 years experience in restaurants, and am trying to start my own business.

Here are questions related to Canning Soups That Contain Milk.

Question: Canning Milk or Sour Cream Based Soups

My sister-in-law made some potato soup and put it in canning jars. She asked me if they would have to be put in the refrigerator or not. I did not know that answer. Can you help?

By Debbie

Most Recent Answer

By Patty [4]05/20/2011

Debbie,
Thanks for asking this question. It caused me to be curious so I looked it up on my search engine. I found this website. I think you'll like it.

http://www.pickyourown.org/canningsoups.htm

I think I'll try canning some soup this year. :-))

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Canning Soups That Contain Milk

I canned homemade cream of tomato soup and then read that I shouldn't can anything with milk in it. Can I open the jars and freeze the soup?

By Berni in Mich from MI