Canning Soups That Contain Milk

I want to can cream of broccoli and corn chowder soup and want to know if I make it with milk and and thicken with butter and flour will this be okay? How long and do I hot bath or pressure can it?

By Lucy from Madison, NY

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have been thinking about this for a while. I think hot bath, and eat it within 2 weeks. I am going to work on this myself, also so will write back. I have 26 years experience in restaurants, and am trying to start my own business.

Answer

My sister-in-law made some potato soup and put it in canning jars. She asked me if they would have to be put in the refrigerator or not. I did not know that answer. Can you help?

By Debbie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Debbie,

Thanks for asking this question. It caused me to be curious so I looked it up on my search engine. I found this website. I think you'll like it.

http://www.pickyourown.org/canningsoups.htm

I think I'll try canning some soup this year. :-))

Read More Answers...

I canned homemade cream of tomato soup and then read that I shouldn't can anything with milk in it. Can I open the jars and freeze the soup?

By Berni in Mich from MI

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes CanningAugust 24, 2010
Growing Quince, Canning Quince, Freezing Quince, Peeling Quince, Storing Quince. Selecting Good Quince. Holding Out a Ripe Quince
Canning Quince
Jar of canned papaya balls in syrup.
Canning Papayas
Freshly Canned Pears Near Pears in a Bowl
Canning Pears
Pile of fresh cherries in front of a jar of cherry jam.
Canning Cherries
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 6:57:04 PM on 10.0.0.171 in 630 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.