Canning Soups That Contain Milk

I want to can cream of broccoli and corn chowder soup and want to know if I make it with milk and and thicken with butter and flour will this be okay? How long and do I hot bath or pressure can it?

By Lucy from Madison, NY

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

I have been thinking about this for a while. I think hot bath, and eat it within 2 weeks. I am going to work on this myself, also so will write back. I have 26 years experience in restaurants, and am trying to start my own business.

Cream soup in a jar
Canning Soups That Contain Milk
Food and Recipes Canning SoupAugust 24, 2010
Growing Quince, Canning Quince, Freezing Quince, Peeling Quince, Storing Quince. Selecting Good Quince. Holding Out a Ripe Quince
Canning Quince
Jar of canned papaya balls in syrup.
Canning Papayas
Freshly Canned Pears Near Pears in a Bowl
Canning Pears
Pile of fresh cherries in front of a jar of cherry jam.
Canning Cherries
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:23:01 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.