Moving Furniture Around Your House

I could not find my furniture sliders quickly, so I used DVD movie cases (black sturdy vinyl ones) to move my very heavy dining table. I opened the cases and put each leg bottom on the solid half of the case. With the case opened up, it makes a shallow well for the leg and the leg will not slide off the case. Going slowly as to not damage the legs, I easily moved the table to another room. You don't need to buy furniture sliders if you have DVD cases.

By bpaddle from Ontario, Canada

A folded wash cloth will work too.

If you can lift it high enough you can slip a sock on it.

That is a little more difficult to get off once you have the table in place. The washcloth works great on hard surface floors and won't scratch hardwoods.

MartyD: that is a great idea as well! I had to move the table from a carpeted area so had to use something smooth.

Two Men Moving Sofa
Moving Furniture
Organizing MiscellaneousMay 27, 2010
Alabama Sign
Moving to Alabama
Man and woman carrying a large couch
Moving a Large Couch Into Your House
Couple moving heavy cabinet
Moving Heavy Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film