Free Fertilizer With Leftover Tea

Want to enjoy that cup of tea and get free fertilizer in return? Then don't throw away that leftover cup or teapot of tea (the one without sugar and cream) as they make excellent fertilizer for your greens.

Just let the leftover tea cool down, then pour some over your greens and your plants will grow beautifully. I got this tip from my ex-boss when after the meeting was over, he pour the tea over the plants. I was shocked and he said they are good for them and sure enough all our office plants looked incredibly healthy and gorgeous!

To be even more frugal, you can also pour additional hot water on the used tea bags (who says they can only be used once!), but of course, you use less water the 2nd time round to enjoy that cup of tea or just to create some more fertilizer .

By Chen Jean Nee from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I have not tried this, but my mom used to save used tea bags, open them up and put the tea grounds around her azaleas. She had heard somewhere that it made them bloom better. She did have beautiful azalea blooms, so the tea must have helped.

Good tip. I will start doing just that.

A woman shopping for fertilizer.
Saving Money on Fertilizer
Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsMay 11, 2006
Worm Tea
Making and Storing Worm Tea
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes
Hands holding organic fertilizer.
Homemade Organic Fertilizer Recipes
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers