FamilyPhotos

Welcoming Daddy Home From Iraq

I captured this photo of my granddaughter Savannah at the Greensboro NC airport. She was waiting on her daddy to come home from Iraq. She was an infant when he was deployed and did not know him. I thought she was so beautiful waving her little flag.

By Karen from Thomasville, NC

Savannah Welcoming Daddy Home!

She is absolutely beautiful. And I'm so happy her father came home safe. It made me think back to the day my brother came home from Viet Nam. I was a little older (11), but 37 years later it is still one of the 5 days in my entire life that I remember every moment of the day. From the pre-dawn wake up trip to O'Hare Airport, to when he kissed me good night.

Thank you very much. It brought back a very warm memory.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

She is what this is all about, keeping her freedoms. What a cutie. We sure do need to give out troops our support. We all need to wave our flags.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Your granddaughter is beautiful. You all must be so proud!

I was 3 when my Dad came back from WWII - living with my mom and grandparents. I can remember that day like it was last year, with all the excitement in the house. I was going to see my Daddy at the train station. He had never seen me, and of course, I was not sure what a Daddy was! I"m 64 now and I can "see" him getting off the train... I think my first memory.

Blessings to your family.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a cutie. I am very happy that your family will be reunited again. God Bless and take care. Please thank a veteran.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Absolutely precious. Waving her flag with pride. You go, little one. You are making your daddy and all of us proud.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

This picture is "priceless" God Bless Our Troops! Does anyone else besides myself wonder what happen to it seem like everyone had a flag on their car / truck or a sticker on them? Isn't it a shame that seems to be in the past an not going on now. Believe me it is an always will be at our house. I feel like we ALL need to start doing this again.

Reply Like this photo? Yes