Simple Tips For Frugal Living
Here are a few mini-tips, which you all may already practice:
- After pouring the last cup of coffee, I put in a little water, top off my cup with that coffee water, then finish rinsing the pot.
- If we eat a sandwich and don't dirty up a plate, it's placed in the refrigerator and re-used at the next meal.
- We don't have city water and must use a cistern, so we do stop-and-go showers, turning on and off as needed.
- We have some lamps and radios we leave unplugged until we need one on. We also unplug the phone charger every morning for the day.
- The final tip is to turn off the computer screen when away from the desk for a few minutes, but especially when turning off the computer for the night. I read somewhere that doing that could save $40-$50 annually.
Source: I'm sorry, I don't remember where I read the electricity-saving tips on unplugging items when not in use.
By Vicky from Central KY
June 23, 20110 found this helpful
I like your tips, especially about shutting down the computer for the nite. I always do that.
June 24, 20110 found this helpful
I also like your tips, I also shut shut my computer at night.
June 25, 20110 found this helpful
Great tips! Although I'm not so good about turning off the shower, I'm an electricity miser. I rarely even turn on my computer monitor. I use my screen-reader. The monitor and mouse are strictly for the convenience of others. I'm probably saving more than $40/year, lol! Last but not least, several household items only get plugged in when in use. Those include my paper shredder, my coffeepot, microwave and toaster Hey, every little bit helps! Now can someone retrain my un-trainable 77-year-old hubby how to live frugally?
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 1:43:25 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us