Electric Straightener is Burning My Hair

How can I stop my hair burning while using a GHD straightener?

By tessys2

There are heat-styling products to spray on your hair before blow-drying and straightening it that help protect it. Never straighten wet or damp hair and try turning down the temperature if it's adjustable.

Here's a heat-style protector for V05: http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Defen ... ng-5-1-Ounce-PROTECTOR/dp/B001TSORDS

You need to check with a stylist/owner of a salon or call a company of products and ask the questions. Hair behaves differently, even according to our genetic make up, family origin. My hair is naturally curly, very little is done with it except a good cut with a razor blade ONLY. I have had from waist length to pixie short.

CHI 44 Iron Guard is the best. Although it's a salon product, Walmart now sells it for $13 a bottle. A small amount of the product works wonders, so it's well worth the money.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ToolsJune 8, 2010
Burning Bush
Burning Bush Does Not Turn Red
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink