Burning Bush Does Not Turn Red?

Years ago I planted 6 burning bushes. Three have grown up really nice but for the fact that they have never (burned) changed colors, they are a pretty green color. Any ideas why? The other three just won't grow any bigger.

Hardiness Zone: 7b

Sandy from Mountain View, AR

Answers

By Harry (Guest Post)

I planted 5 burning bushes 2 years ago and the leaves turn red in the fall but then I am in a colder climate than you. That may have something to do with it.

Burning bushes have to be in the direct sun. I planted one and my tree is too close and it stays green. My aunt planted hers out in the open and it turns a beautiful red in the fall.

By (Guest Post)

Are you in a cold enough place for them to lose their leaves in the fall? That's when it happens.

I'm in a cold climate. I did water it most every day during the summer. Have not done any mulching. Did prune in the spring. Is in open sun all day.

Answer this Question

3 More Questions

I have a ring of burning bushes planted around my driveway. They do not turn the brilliant red that I had expected. They are healthy and green in summer but just don't turn red in the fall. They get full sun. Any ideas?

By kaye from KY

Answers

I just saw a thread on this and their thoughts were that it needed more sun or was a different variety of euonymous. Another thought is to take a few leaves into a local nursery and see what they can tell you.

davesgarden.com/.../

Answer this Question

I planted a burning bush in the spring. It had a good summer and looks very healthy and green. Now that it is fall it never turned red. How come?

By Diana B

Answer this Question

We have a burning bush that was planted 6 years ago and it has never had more the 6 leaves turn red on it. I see some deep red bushes in the neighborhood and wonder what is wrong with ours. Is the soil lacking something? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

By Deanna from Grimes, IA

Answer this Question
Home and Garden Gardening ShrubsOctober 27, 2013
🎄
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Burning-Bush-Does-Not-Turn-Red-1.html