Order Water When Eating Out

I have learned to get water when you go out to eat, it can save big time on the bill. My coke cost me $1.85 when water usually is free, or no more than 30 cents. It makes a difference and I always use coupons if I can, even if it's Arby's! These are my tips. $1.85 can buy me a 2 liter of soda pop and save me several dollars a month

By Mary from Oklahoma

A great tip to share. We call it Tap water in the UK and legally you have to be given it for nothing if the establishment has a license to serve food and drink. Sometimes you can get a strange look or sense reluctance because of the huge mark up on soft drinks but stick to your guns! We found it could save up to $20 dollars per outing of four people, nearly as much as one of the meals.

I've been ordering iced water out more and more. I actually prefer it to pop most of the time. I do enjoy iced tea but last time I ordered that was shocked to see it cost me $2.79, how overpriced is that? It costs them pennies to make iced tea!

Ask for lemon and make your own lemonade.

Restaurants make their money on the beverages, that's for sure. Order water.

A family eating out.
Saving Money at Restaurants
Better Living Frugal Living TipsApril 5, 2010
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
Woman paying for fast food
Saving Money on Fast Food
Couple being served a Salad
Eating Healthy While Eating Out
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
🎉
🎄