Replanting an Uprooted Tree

We had a bizarre storm last night and my mature orange tree, full of fruit, was blown over. It is now laying across my lawn, but it appears to be still attached at the roots. Is it worth trying to save? If so, what would need to be done?

By Sylvia from St. Petersburg, FL

It's probably possible but the tree must be uprighted and you will need the services of a professional to help as it's too heavy to move on your own. Call a tree surgeon or arborist in your area and ask. If you can do it yourself, stake the tree to give it stability, water well and keep your fingers crossed.

January 29, 2011 Flag

We had a storm come through last night and up rooted our cherry tree. The tree landed on the roof and most of the root system is out of the ground. It was my husband's pride. When we bought the house 18 years ago it was just a little thing standing almost 6ft. Now uprooted and gone. I have searched everywhere to see how or if we can take the roots from that tree and replant it or if it is lost cause. Can you help us?

By mntigirl72 from Clarksville, AR

Replanting an Uprooted Tree

I would try to save it. Dig a hole large enough for all the roots to be buried, give it plenty of water every day. You may let the water hose drip on it day and night, good luck. (06/19/2009)

By kffrmw88

Replanting an Uprooted Tree
Replanting an Uprooted Tree
Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesJanuary 29, 2011
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Picking a Christmas Tree
Picking a Christmas Tree
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree