Using Clear Plastic Jars

Use clear plastic peanut butter or other food containers for small craft items like glue sticks, buttons, beads, etc. or use them in the garage for screws, nails and other small hardware!

They are free and you are using them again and not sending them into the garbage!

By PatriciaL

I even wrote to Kraft suggesting they change their packaging to this type of recyclable containers that may be reused. They wimped out.

Some brands of yoghurt have plastic caps, some not.

I now let the packaging help me choose which brand I buy. Can I reuse this some way? Maybe that will manufacturer pay more attention to the afterlife of packaging.

I also look at the type of pump spray bottles. Can it be reused for cleaning materials, like alcohol or bleach? I label these bottles with tape.

Can makeup containers be reused, such as smaller containers with a spout for mouthwash, refilled from the gallon size or smaller jars of peroxide, refilled from larger ones?

I have one with wood matches stored inside ..Never know when you'll need them and want to be sure they never get wet.

Clear plastic jars are perfect for storing small items in your garage. They store (and stack) very well on shelving. If you drop one, it's not going to break open and they practically last forever. I like to label them with a piece of masking tape and a Sharpie to help me locate certain items faster.

What's in YOUR garage?

Visit http://www.home-garage-help.com

hi, on this subject I found that a very cheap way to clean the kitchen is to reuse a spray bottle and fill it about 1/3 with vineager, a few squirts of dish soap and fill to top w. water--this saves countless money compared to using expensive spray cleaners, works on my bathroom counter to it leaves the counters shiny and smells a little like vinegar but my research shows that can help w. oders ....and rather than purchasing wash clothes(my roomates clean them and then they get lost for an indefinate amount of time MEN....) i went through my "jammie" pile of tshirts found a few to stained to wear, washed em and cut them up we now have a whole pile of wash cloths and if i run out i'm sure a freecycler will have some more

I usually use plastic jars when I have a left over food that I want to throw it in a trash can. And I usually used jelly jar for my bacon fat so that it will not clog in my pipes when I'm washing the pan.

I wrote to Yopait and ask them if they would go "greener" and use plastic lids instead of the peel off tops so we could re-use the containers. Now I see that almost all yogurt containers are using the peel off lids.