Reusing Glass Candle Canisters

Is it safe to use the glass canisters which come with candles, as ramekins? This is of course, after the wax residue has been thoroughly cleaned out. Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

By Roopa from Kearney, NE

I use them to store coffee beans and nuts. (the jar kind that have lids that is). I wouldn't use them for any application that requires direct heat. They would probably explode.

I wouldn't use to store food. Most of these items aren't food safe. Usually stamped on bottom sticker.

I have been doing this for a few years now with great success, I save the bits and pieces of wax, but them in an old pan and melt them down in a pan of water on the stove. I then use cardboard egg cartons and shredded paper from my paper shredder, lint from my dryer, saw dust and whatever else I have laying around and put this in the egg cups. I pour the wax over this and then dip a cotton ball in some oil or Vaseline and put that on top of the wax while still hot. then I put a wooden match in the cotton ball down into the hot wax so that the fire part is still sticking out. you then let this get hard and you have a nice camp fire starter! Just light the wooden match and it burns up the cotton ball and slowly burn the rest of the starter and starts your fire easily. You can also use old muffin tins with paper liners for a larger starter.

Better Living Green Living ReusingDecember 27, 2009
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Film Canister
Uses for Film Canisters
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
🎄
🍂