Soaking Clothing in a Frontloading Washing Machine

I have a Kenmore Elite frontloading washing machine. Does anyone have any ideas or tricks to let a load of laundry soak? I really miss letting certain clothes to soak overnight. I've tried starting the load & letting it wash for a while & then stopping/pausing it, hoping that would do the trick. But no such luck, it lets the water drain out & then my clothes smell badly.

Tina

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? I had to when I couldn't find instructions on 'spin only' on my front loading machine. I contacted them via the internet. They were very helpful:0)

Perhaps you may need to soak your clothes in a bucket overnight. I do this as it uses less water and I can stir and hand scrub any really grubby marks. It also stops those stains that machines sometimes leave (when the machine is a few years old).

Sorry not much help!

A thousand bucks, and we're back to rubbing our clothes on rocks? How retro!

I let my whirlpool front loader fill let it wash the clothes around in the detergent for 5 mins and turn it off at the power point and turn it on again and it remembers where the cycle was and goes from there.

May 28, 2012 Flag

How do I set HE4t to soak clothes overnight?

By Claudette h

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When I want to soak clothes over night, I fill the washing machine, let it wash for a minute or so getting the detergent in the clothing, then I cut the machine off and let the load soak. When I'm ready to finish washing, I just cut the machine back on.

In the past, I just lifted the lid as my machine will stop but I no longer do that. My hairdresser did the same and left it for the weekend. During that time, the electricity went off. When it came back on, water started running in the machine again and it flooded the shop ruining the floor and the woodwork.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryOctober 1, 2005
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Washing Machine
Extending the Life of Your Washing Machine
A woman looking at a stain on a shirt.
Washing Machine Staining Clothing
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🎉
🎄