Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Products Used for Decoupage

I would like to know if you have to use Mog Pog or is there a way to decoupage cheaper just for practice?

Marilyn from P.Huron, Mi

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Lora Herrin [2]01/19/2008

What I used to do was put some paint thinner in a quart jar, about a third of the jar and then take styrofoam egg cartons or other styrofoam works too (all the same color) and put them in the jar. The paint thinner will melt the styrofoam and the mixture will become thick. Keep the lid on the jar so the thinner doesn't evaporate when your not using it. Once you've achieved a good consistancy, use a paint brush to apply it to your project.

By Dana [1]01/18/2008

I agree, diluted white glue works great and when you're done decoupaging, could you share a picture of your creation with us?

By jean (Guest Post)01/18/2008

You can mix 3 parts white glue to one part water for a modpodgish type finish.

By Lori Williams [2]01/18/2008

I have always used watered down Elmers glueall or school glue. It is SO much cheaper!

Here are questions related to Products Used for Decoupage.

Question: Decoupage Finishes

If I use the Elmer's glue as a sealer after gluing the print on, can I put a sealer like lacquer on the glue sealer? I need something water resistant.

By N. Portie from Sulphur, LA

Most Recent Answer

By Marty Dick [140]12/24/2012

Several coats of Elmer's should do it.

Question: Decoupage Surface Coating

Years ago there was a product you applied to the front of a thick item to decoupage, then when dried, you could wet and rub off the back, making the item plastic like and thinner to decoupage. Do you know if anything like this is still available? Thanks.

By Joyce G.

Most Recent Answer

By Mary Lou [14]05/26/2011

You may be thinking of a product called "Decal-It" I believe it was made by Plaid (makers of ModgePodge) but have not seen it in awhile. Not sure they still make it any more.