RecipesOrganizing

Dealing with Recipes on the Internet

When I find a internet recipe I'd like to try, I copy it to a blank email and print it. I then cut it to size and scotch tape it to the inside of my kitchen cabinet, where I'm not likely to forget that I was going to try something new, and it's right there at eye level when I'm ready for it. If I like the results, I tape it to an index card and move it to my regular recipe file.

By Doggy from TX

I like this idea. I print off way too many recipes from the net. I have recently gotten many of them organized tho into folders. I print a recipe on both sides of a reg sheet of paper, slip into a sheet protector that has the 3 holes and then into a small binder type folder. I write a critique right on the page after I try the recipe and deem it good enough to keep. Any I try and we don't think are great, I just pitch. I think it's helpful to put notes to myself about any changes I may have made or any ways I might change in the future plus just any helpful prep info. I might start using Doggy's idea tho as a way to make myself try a new recipe right away!

If you would like to save recipes without printing them off all at once here is some free software that I have been using and have gathered over 500 recipes so far. Also a great thing is you can download the recipes onto a disk for a friend. http://homeplan  e.com/recipe.htm

Install Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer (it's free). Then when you want to save a recipe, print it to the Adobe PDF printer. It will prompt you as to the location you want to save the file) Then you can try it out (I just set my laptop on the counter) and if you later decide to put it on paper, just print it out to your regular printer.

I cut and paste what I want from a site (like a recipe) into a word document. That way I can shrink or enlarge photos, delete extras like ads and extra words. I also love Pintrist for saving things like recipes along with the photos. I save ideas I like on Pintrist and I have a source to look through like a cookbook. I may never print some of them because I may never make some of them but it's nice to have a collection of ideas all together.