Get Recipes Online Instead Of Cookbooks

I used to constantly buy cookbooks. Either the large cookbooks in the books section of the store, or the small ones near the registers. Then I discovered I could get the same recipes for free online!

Now as I'm standing in line at the registers, I scan through the books there. If I find a recipe, or a type of cooking that I'm interested in (i.e. crockpot cooking, or summer salads, or Italian cooking, whatever is on the shelf) I'll jot down the title or a word or two in a note pad I keep in my purse.

Then when I get home I get on the computer and look them up. If it's one I want to keep, I print it out. Otherwise I just copy it down and cook it. Or I'll copy/paste it into a recipe file I have created on my computer. I've saved hundreds of dollars over the years by doing this.

Once or twice a year I will go through the file I have on the computer and delete any that are no longer interesting to me. In this same file, I also type up any recipes that I have created myself and keep them there too.

By Cricket from NC

Anonymous

Good tip, Cricket :-)