Wishbone (Border Collie)

Wishbone will be 5 months old on April 16. Wishbone is a Border Collie I adopted on Feb 16, 2010 from the Humane Society of Kent County (Michigan).

What doesn't he like to do? As noted at the Humane Society, he was labeled "class clown." He has proven himself to be just that. He does funny and unexpected things. He loves to retrieve a stick, or any toy that is available. He loves my grandchildren and the neighbor kids. He loves to go in the car and sit on one of my grandkids safety seats. He is so much fun and he's learning tricks. Wishbone is very special! He was meant to be with me.

On Jan 2, 2010, I had to have my Cocker Spaniel, Cinder, euthanized. She was old and not doing well physically. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. She was by my side for many years. I still miss her! I was encouraged to "just look" to see what was available at the shelter.

Wishbone wasn't there that day but I did go back and when our eyes met, I knew he was the one. He has given me so much love and companionship. I'm glad we have each other.

By Judy from Grand Rapids, MI

Wonderful, Judy.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Well, not only do I love his name and not only do I love his sweet face and not only do I love that you adopted him on my birth date but also that you adopted him from my former beloved home of sixteen years of Grand Rapids ;-)

A super big thumbs up from me and I pray you and Wishbone have many happy years and memories together! :-)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Oh! I can see a glint of humor in those eyes! Looks like you have a new "hand-full". Blessed life to both of you!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Over 75 million animals are put to death every year in this country alone, if everyone could just have the patience , love and soul to give an animal a chance at life like yourself I believe this would be a better world. Unfortunately its not like that. Bless you for saving a life and giving love the way it should be. I applaud you. Give your baby a big hug from me. Deby

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Wow, I really like this dog! Look at the way he looks at the camera. it's like there is a little man inside there looking out. I am so glad you have another angel in your life after losing your beloved cocker spaniel.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Photos Pets DogsApril 19, 2010
Garden Border
Garden Border Ideas
Rough Collie
Rough Collie Breed Information and Photos
Growing Torenia
Growing Torenia (Bluewings, Wishbone Flower)
Border Collie
Border Collie Breed Information and Photos
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 1:45:15 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.