Removing Smoke Smell From Wood China Cabinet - Categories:

OdorsCleaning

Removing Smoke Smell From Wood China Cabinet

Hi, Just bought a used china cabinet from a co-worker who was moving. The cabinet is really nice but they were heavy smokers and everything smells like smoke. I have tried a few home remedies putting scented candles in there, putting a dish of vinegar in there, incense, newspaper, carcoal, etc... but some of it just seems to make it worse. Help? is there anything out there that will help me get rid of the smoke smell? If there is I would really appreciate knowing?
Thanks
Kelley in Texas

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I had the same problem with the cab of a used pickup truck I purchased, so the same remedy might work.

The salesman recommended I cut a red delicious apple in half lengthwise and tuck each half under the front seats. Believe it or not, it worked after replacing the apple halves a few times. And let me tell you, the smoke smell was pretty bad in my truck.

Good luck

I have same problem, someone told me to put vodka in a spray bottle and spray the item.

I had the same problem with a dresser. I sprinkled baking soda in the drawers and put sheets of wrinkled up newspaper for two days straight. Then took out the newspaper and vacuumed out the baking soda. Then I washed the entire thing inside and out twice with MURPHYS OIL SOAP following the directions on the bottle. The smell was gone. This might work for you as well.

Good Luck

I tried the baking soda on a wood table that smelled really strong of smoke. It worked really fast. Thanks!!

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsSeptember 29, 2004
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 31, 2016 at 11:05:16 AM on 10.0.0.108 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.