Irish Potato Candy Peanut Butter Rolls
These delicious candies are easy to make and can be stored for a while, because the sugar helps preserve them.
- one medium potato
- 1-2 lbs. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla flavoring
- 1 (16 oz.) jar of peanut butter
- wax paper
- Take one medium potato, boil with skin on until tender, then cool. I do this the night before making the rolls.
- Peel and remove skin and dark spots. Quarter and dice into mixing bowl.
- Add 1 to 2 pounds powdered sugar and mix until mixture looks like cookie dough.
- Add 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring or butter nut flavoring.
- Take dough and roll out on waxpaper to the size of a piecrust.
- Put a 16 ounce jar of peanut butter in a small bowl and add some powdered sugar to thicken.
- Spread peanut butter mixture onto "pie crust" and roll up like a jelly roll.
- Wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate overnight until set, then slice like pinwheels.
Source: Mother-in-law, she used to make this to send to people in war because it lasts for a long time because the sugar preserves it.
By Debra from Smyrna, GA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 6, 2016 at 3:17:57 AM on 10.0.1.227 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us