Irish Potato Candy Peanut Butter Rolls
These delicious candies are easy to make and can be stored for a while, because the sugar helps preserve them.
- one medium potato
- 1-2 lbs. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla flavoring
- 1 (16 oz.) jar of peanut butter
- wax paper
- Take one medium potato, boil with skin on until tender, then cool. I do this the night before making the rolls.
- Peel and remove skin and dark spots. Quarter and dice into mixing bowl.
- Add 1 to 2 pounds powdered sugar and mix until mixture looks like cookie dough.
- Add 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring or butter nut flavoring.
- Take dough and roll out on waxpaper to the size of a piecrust.
- Put a 16 ounce jar of peanut butter in a small bowl and add some powdered sugar to thicken.
- Spread peanut butter mixture onto "pie crust" and roll up like a jelly roll.
- Wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate overnight until set, then slice like pinwheels.
Source: Mother-in-law, she used to make this to send to people in war because it lasts for a long time because the sugar preserves it.
By Debra from Smyrna, GA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 17, 2017 at 9:29:23 PM on 10.0.2.53 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us