Canning Chicken Rice Soup Safely

I didn't realize chicken/rice soup had to be canned in a pressure canner instead of a bath canner. Can I freeze the soup if I have already canned it in a bath canner? Or can I now can it in a pressure canner?

By SWilson757 from VA

This is probably not want you want to hear, but if you canned meat in a water bath canner, pitch it. Not safe. To my knowledge you are not supposed to can rice. I do a lot of canning. (Fruits, meats, veggies, you name it.) There are just a few things items like rice that home equipment isn't made for.

You can put rice in your soups if you cook the rice fully first. Always pressure can if in doubt! Water bath is for natural acid foods. I don't put rice in my soups that I put up. I add it when I prepare the soup to serve, texture is better. Pressure can anything with meat in it.

Food and Recipes Canning SoupNovember 20, 2010
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
Jar of canned papaya balls in syrup.
Canning Papayas
Chicken and Rice Soup
Chicken and Rice Soup Recipes
Freshly Canned Pears Near Pears in a Bowl
Canning Pears