Donating Gifts to Needy Children

Where can I find assistance in locating charities helping needy families? I would like to donate a gift to a child.

By Karen from Windsor, VA

A lot of businesses have boxes at their doors for people to donate items. Most towns of any size have an angel tree that has cards with names and ages on it along with ideas of what the person can use. There is also toys for tots. There are all kinds of organizations that do this. I would think radio, and TV stations along with the local newspaper would have been mentioning these things. There is also the Salvation Army.

I suggest you contact your local Salvation Army. Ours JUST finished collecting items for the Angel Trees, but when I went into the store over the weekend, I saw that there were still several angels left on the tree. I bet they have kids who still need help . . . and I seriously doubt they'd turn you down, even though the deadline has passed. The sooner you call them, the better.

Thank you for helping. Every year we get a couple of kids off the tree. I noticed the printed note on the tag was different than in years past. It made a point to say that our gift might be the only one that the child receives, and they recommended that we buy at least two toys and one outfit. It's sad thinking about all the kids in need. But I have to know that I did what I could to help. Again, thank you for helping. Every little bit makes a difference!

Your local Chamber of Commerce can help you find an organization too.

God Bless you for wanting to do so. Being on the receiving end for my son when we were dirt poor, it's such a blessing! Thank goodness my DD (10) is aware of what Christmas is for, as we don't have much and each year is a HUGE stretch to get anything under the tree for her. I don't care how much lessons you teach a child, they still like a present! So bless you for doing so!

Try local churches too or giving trees at malls or banks.

Salvation Army Angel Tree, whoever is sponsoring your local Toys for Tots and also your local Catholic Charities.

You could also contact your Town or City Hall. They should be able to advise you. God Bless and Merry Christmas.

Read the answer on triftyfun, there are a few in need. Kudos to you and a pat on the back.

Better Living Charity AdviceDecember 14, 2010
young medical professional holding sign- Blood Donors Wanted
Donating Blood
Fabric
Donating Fabric to Charity
donate sign
Donating Household Items to Charity
Donating Food
Donating Food
🎄
🍂