In Memory Of Goopie (Boxer)

Goopie is a 2 year old Boxer. I got him when he was 7 months old. A couple at work couldn't keep him in their new apartment and they gave him to me.

He loved to play fetch hours and hours. Goopie got cancer and was taken into heaven on May 10, 2007 and we miss him terribly. We lost our baby.

By Connie from Paintsville, KY

In Memory Of Goopie (Boxer)

I wish that I had words to ease your pain, so sorry you lost your baby at such a young age.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I'm so very sorry to hear about your baby.

I lost my cat, Tara, who shared my life for 17 years, 20 years ago and I hate to tell you, but I'm still not over it. I still 'feel' her jump on my bed in the middle of the night sometimes, and I automatically sit up and reach for her. It still breaks my heart.

I will tell you something that might help you though (and it's not getting another dog either; people told me that would 'cure' me, but I've just never been able to get any other kind of pet).

In any case, I'm sure you'll think I'm weird, but I used to dream about her for many, many years. In my dreams she 'spoke' to me in a human voice. I remember my nephew, who was around 5 at the time, asking me if she 'spoke' in a male or female voice and to tell you the truth, I still can't answer that question.

I had dreams about her for a lot of years, and still dream of her now, but she stopped 'speaking' to me in my dreams. A friend told me that maybe she stopped because she felt I didn't need her comfort anymore. I don't know, but it did help a little.

Bless you

Smoochie

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Anonymous

So sorry for your continued mourning :-( If it helps at all my first pet as an adult was the cutest Persian kitty, Niki, who lived for just under fifteen years ... I still have her framed photo on my nightstand and she passed away sixteen years ago !!!

I will never forget her but I personally hope you have taken in a new baby and, if not, I think you should take in a new pet (or more) from a shelter or a street rescue ... I've done that over the years and they have brought so much joy !!! Rachel is my current surviving street rescue right now and she so very much gives joy and pleasure and she's as important and loved as was Niki !!!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

The world famous Dean Koontz has a website. On it, he shared his love for Trixie, their Golden. After 16 years, she died in their arms of brain cancer. She died on a Sunday at a certain hour. He and his wife Gerda, take a walk in the field where she played each week at that time. He wrote recently, that on the 3rd weekend, at exactly the time she passed, a bright golden butterfly flittered around their faces, and landed on a tree close to their heads. It just froze there for a few seconds, then flew off. It was like she was telling them she was fine.

Animals and the people who love them share a special bond. Dogs and Cats we love and lose, never really go away unless we forget them.

Everyone knows that can't happen. I still have photos of all my little critters, and still love them all. There will be a time when Goopie will warm your heart without making you cry. Blessings to you and the cat lover.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I am so sorry for your loss.It seems that they never stay with us long enough,I just put one of my cats to sleep and it just never gets easier to lose something you love.I hope time heals the pain and leaves only wonderful Goopie memories.eg

Reply Like this photo? Yes

So sorry for the lose of your beloved pet. It is so hard to lose them but without ever having known him your life wouldn't be the same. He was a very handsome guy.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

So sorry for your loss. Goopie sure had a cute adorable

mug. Just a glance at his photo made me smile instantly.

My heart breaks for you. After AllieMae my cat I still

keep meoowmom as my screen name in her memory. Now I have

a doggie.

May another little one find its way to you.

God Bless.

=^..^=

Reply Like this photo? Yes

He is so cute, I know being a Boxer lover also how you are feeling.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Please get another pet. You need them and they need you.Goopie was special to you and you were special to him. Share that love with another or two. You'll be glad you did. Love that is shared is doubled.

Great Granny Hugs, Vi

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I'm so sorry.:( We lost our sweet Mitzie 4 years ago to a heart attack. She was 11 but she was our baby too. She was a cute little Yorkie. We miss her SO much as I know you do your Goopie.:(

Reply Like this photo? Yes