Freezing Alfredo Sauce

Can you freeze Alfredo sauce? Can you freeze cooked pasta (without sauce), and if so, how would you go about defrosting it? Thanks

Amy K. from Austin, TX

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By c w 1 29 10/25/2007

No expert here, but alfredo made from milk & cheese, flour, etc., will probably be fine to freeze.

Pasta seems be tricky to me. Never really tried it except already-made & mixed up spaghetti.

It may come out as mush when defrosted!

Maybe frozen aldente' then boiled for a few minutes to defrost & complete the cooking process.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By joan pecsek 88 545 10/25/2007

You can freeze both Alfredo sauce and cooked pasta but the pasta will be a little mushy when thawed. Thaw pasta in the refrigerator overnight or cook in the micro just as you would a frozen dinner. Milk based sauces tend to pop and splatter when heated in the micro, thaw overnignt in the fridge then heat on the stovetop.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Beth 25 1,120 10/26/2007

Freezing pasta works very well if you haven't over cooked it. Just boil your water and drop it in. It's done instantly. I've never had good luck with Alfredo sauce. It never has the right consistency after being frozen.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Jaime Cordero (Guest Post) 06/18/2008

Very helpful. Thanks very much. I made lots for Father's Day, and want to save the leftover. I'll give this a try.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Olivia 03/12/2010

Wow! What a wopper of a tip. Thanks so much.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No