Oil and Vinegar Spot on Suede Jacket

I have an oil and vinegar spot on washable suede jacket.

Marj from Rochesterny

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

I spilled oil on my new sweater. I kept rubbing in baby powder and let it sit and then added more. Did this for a few days. When I washed it I put some of the detergent on the oil and rubbed that in. It all came out without a trace.

Years ago I got tar off of my brand new, pale beige carpet using this method - baby powder or talcum, a brush and patience. All came out also.

I'd get it to the cleaners ASAP. Oil is a real drag to try to get out of any fabric.

Suede Jacket
Cleaning Stains on Suede Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsFebruary 22, 2008
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Body Oil Stains on Leather Jacket
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
Pair of men's suede boots in hall
Cleaning Grease Stains on Suede
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:12:04 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.