Sugar Free Easter Egg Filling

Does anyone have a recipe for sugar-free butter cream or cream Easter Eggs? I used to buy them from a friend who made these eggs for her church, but she has passed away and no one has the recipe. The eggs were excellent for diabetics.

By Be Nelson from Baltimore, MD

Answers

I would bet this is potato candy and uses something like Splenda as the sweetener. Nancy

February 1, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have a recipe and/or recipes for Sugar Free/Diabetic Easter Eggs, the kind churches make at Easter time for fund raising. I can buy the Sugar Free dipping wafers here in Charleston, but can't find a recipe for the filling inside anywhere, any flavor will do. Thanks, not only from me but my customers.

Tim from Charleston, WV

Answers:

Sugar Free Easter Egg Filling

Use the standard recipe but substitute a replacement for the sugar such as Splenda or the Splenda for Baking. I am a Type One Diabetic and find that this works well for me. Just be sure to mark the packages with a note that they have Splenda/sugar substitute as some people are sensitive to it.

And since you are in West Virginia place a call to Beckley to Colony Drug and Wellness, their Nutritionist has a great bunch of recipes and alternatives for just such a thing. They have a website with all their contact information at www.colonydrug.com. (03/08/2007)

By MammaTenor

Sugar Free Easter Egg Filling

If you have Amish in your area, go to one of the bulk food stores and buy some "fructose" and use it just like sugar. It has the same amount of calories, but is made of fruit sugar and is allowed in diabetic diets. Check with you doctor to be sure. I use it in canning fruit, etc., just NOT in regular baking, such as cakes and cookies. Then, cakes and cookies, etc., seem to turn to sponges, for some reason. (03/08/2007)

By Margie Minard

Sugar-Free Candy
Sugar-Free Candy Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays EasterFebruary 1, 2010
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Sugar Free Eggnog
Sugar Free Eggnog Recipes
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye
🎉
🎄