General AdviceConsumer Advice

Are Partners Olive Oil and Herb Crackers Vegetarian?

I have been given several packets of Partners olive oil and herb crackers. Does anyone know if they are okay for vegetarians to eat? Cheers.

Marg

By Marg from England

It depends if you are a vegetarian or a total vegan. I'm vegetarian and don't eat any meat or poultry, but just fish.

You have to eat something or you will die.

Enriched Unbleached Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Buttermilk (Cultured 1% Milk, Salt, Sodium Citrate), Cane Sugar, Canola Oil, Olive Oil, Salt, Baking Soda, Spices, Olives.

You're not a vegetarian if you eat fish. You're a pescatarian. The crackers sound fine for a vegetarian to eat!

Thank you but I'll stick with the terminology of vegetarian. I live on the east coast and people can't get used to even living a vegetarian lifestyle.

Anonymous

Olive oil is made from pressing the oil out of the olives so it's definitely vegetarian.

I've never heard of a cracker that is made from meat, fish, poultry, etc. but some may have egg or egg byproduct in them (this bothers some vegetarians but not others). The best thing to do regarding the crackers is Google in each ingredient on the package that you aren't sure what it is to learn about that ingredient.

Hope this was helpful.

Of the listed ingredients, the buttermilk is the only animal product. If you don't mind a milk product, you have no problem. I'm only now really learning the variations on vegetarianism. Hubby's son eats poultry products and fish as well as veggies, but no beef or pork.