Unrefrigerated Jelly with Fruit

Does anyone now how to make the Jelly with Fruit that you buy off the supermarket shelves. The sort that does not need to be refrigerated.

Jackie from Adelaide, S.A.

All jams and jellies have to be refrigerated once the jar has been opened. The jars sitting on the shelves in the grocery stores have all gone through a type of canning process in the food plants. Very similar to canning your own foods.

I always keep my jams and jellies under refrigeration. And I also keep my homemade peanut butter in the refrigerator because it's all natural and contains no preservatives.

Are you trying to make jam?

Hi everyone, I want to make jelly NOT jam, you can buy it here in Australia off the supermarket shelves. It is not refrigerated and usually has fruit added to it. I think it may have gelatine in with it but am not sure.

Many Thanks

Glad you mentioned it contained gelatin because I do have one recipe for Jelly Gelatin given to me years ago.

Two boxes Strawberry, Raspberry OR Cherry gelatin

One box Sure Jell

Three cups Water

Four cups Sugar

Combine gelatin, Sure Jell and water.

Bring to a rolling boil stirring constantly

Boil one minute

Add sugar and boil three minutes stirring constantly

Pour into containers.

*I never used fruit in mine, but I did keep it refrigerated.

Here in the U.S. jelly is always referred to as "jello". I'm sure Jackie is referring to the jello with fruit that you can find unrefrigerated in the grocery store. I am sure it has to go through a special process and I don't know how you would make it at home. Maybe there is someone out there that knows how.

I have never heard of jelly referred to as jello. but I do know that jelly and jam and preserves need to be refrigerated

Jelly made at home can be unrefrigerated until opened if made right. This site should give you all the information you need. www.geocities.com

Kool Aid Jelly. 1 pkg. sure jell pectin, l pkg kool aid powder drink mix, your favorite flavor (it is a dry drink mix that you mix with water and sugar) 3 cup water, and 3 Cup sugar.Mix water, kool-aid and pectin together and bring to boil, a full rolling boil, one that cannot be stirred down. add sugar and bring back to a boil for one good minute. for a firmer jelly use a couple less Tablespoons of water. I got this off a Kool-aid package probably 50 years or more ago when my children were small. I never refrigerated it then, but then they ate it up in a short time. I used strawberry and grape most of the time. There is only fruit flavor in this jelly, no fruit.

Food and Recipes Recipes Condiments Jam & JellyNovember 30, 2007
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
cherry cobbler
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
Homemade Jelly
Making Homemade Jelly
Fresh strawberries in a jar with a colander in the background.
Canning Strawberries
🎉
🎄