Preventing Staining on a Bib

Is there anything I can put on a cross stitched bib to prevent some of the staining?

Thanks,
Mindy from OR

I have never tried it but I would think that Fabric Protector would work for this.

Sounds like you need a bib for your bib! Hum, I understand that even tho my kids haven't worn bibs for a while. I had some nicer ones that I just hated for them to be ruined with stains. Perhaps tape a piece of plastic wrap over the cross stitched area?

Scotchguard spray and a heavy dose of laundry starch might help.

Eventually the 'best' bibs were reserved for important events and the others for use in the house where no one could see the stains.

Next thought, you could enclose the bib in a plastic paper saver with the opening on the bottom so that nothing can drip in, but still starch the heck out of it because all it takes is one drip to make a mess.

There is an iron on vinyl available now. You could use it to prevent the bib from being stained.

Cheryl

http://www.2ewenique.com

baby wearing a red and white polka dot bib
Using Baby Bibs
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 22, 2007
Baby Bib Craft Ideas
Baby Bib Craft Ideas
Plastic Containers
Preventing Food from Staining Plastic Containers
Elderly man wearing a bib while eating.
Making an Adult Bib
Thief Breaking into Car
Preventing Auto Theft
🎄