Using Baby Bibs

Keeping bibs conveniently located can help keep your baby's clothes clean and dry. This is a guide about using baby bibs.

To save myself from running around during feeding time, I secure bibs on the back of the highchair so that they are ready to go. I also string a small laundry bag for the dirty ones. Most high chairs have a bar in the back that allow you to open the bib and secure it there.

By Laura from Uxbridge, MA

I just read in the newspaper that some vinyl bibs from Toys R Us were being recalled because some of them had too much lead. Made in China. It's possible that some of the bibs ended up at other stores under different labels. Lead can lead to all sorts of permanent problems for children. Please call the store or go on the internet for details.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Is there anything I can put on a cross stitched bib to prevent some of the staining?

Thanks,
Mindy from OR

Answers

I have never tried it but I would think that Fabric Protector would work for this.

Sounds like you need a bib for your bib! Hum, I understand that even tho my kids haven't worn bibs for a while. I had some nicer ones that I just hated for them to be ruined with stains. Perhaps tape a piece of plastic wrap over the cross stitched area?

Scotchguard spray and a heavy dose of laundry starch might help.
Eventually the 'best' bibs were reserved for important events and the others for use in the house where no one could see the stains.

Next thought, you could enclose the bib in a plastic paper saver with the opening on the bottom so that nothing can drip in, but still starch the heck out of it because all it takes is one drip to make a mess.

There is an iron on vinyl available now. You could use it to prevent the bib from being stained.

Cheryl
http://www.2ewenique.com