Reuse Tulle as a Scrubber

I save all the round pieces of tulle from weddings, bridal showers, baby showers, etc. and use them when I am rinsing off my dishes. Many times the dishes need a little extra scrubbing power before they go in the dishwasher. Instead of spending money on the sponges with the scrubber side I use the tulle to serve the same purpose. Once they start to tear, you can discard them without seeing your money go in the trash as well.

I have also gone to the fabric store and bought a small amount of heavier tulle for mere pennies to use on the more difficult, dried on, dishes and pans. The tulle does not scratch your Teflon, and with the many colors tulle comes in you can color code its use ability.

By Rebecca from Mechanicsburg, PA

Very good 'waste not, want not' tip ;-)

I buy 2-3 yards of inexpensive tulle about every 2-3 yrs. for washing my dishes, since I have no dishwasher. I cut off a length of 18", cut the long strip in half in the middle, and crumple 1 of them for dish washing, saving the other. After weeks of use, when it wears out, that piece is then used for pans only, and I take out a new piece from my stash for dishes. When the pan one wears out, I use it for spot cleaning on the floor only. When it no longer is useful for the floor, I wash it in the washing machine and only use it for cleaning the toilets. From there it goes into the trash. This has continued exactly the same in my home for years and works well, since I keep very close track on the cycle!

coffee lid dish scrubber
Homemade Dish Scrubber Ideas
Better Living Green Living Cleaning TipsMarch 23, 2009
Crochet Pot Scrubber
Making a Crochet Pot Scrubber
Homemade Pot Scourer
Making a Homemade Pot Scourer
Tulle Flowers
Making Tulle Flowers
Pink Tulle
Hanging Tulle From the Ceiling
🎄