Making a Recycled Mesh Bag Pot Scrubber

Category Other
Mesh produce bags can find a second calling as a pot scrubber. This is a guide about making a recycled mesh bag pot scrubber.

Reuse mesh onion bags as pan scrubbers! Just stuff a few into one bag and then tie a knot at the end of the bag!

By Michele G from Buchanan, GA

A pot scrubber can be easily made from a mesh vegetable bag.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

I used a mesh bag that melons come in from Costco.

Instructions:

1. Make sure there is a knot tied in one end of the bag.
  2. Ad

3. Put the knot on the inside of the bag.
  4. Start rolling and folding the other end of the bag to the inside.
  5. Ad

6. When it is all tucked inside, thread the needle with a double length of strong thread.
  7. Using the needle, weave the thread in and out of the mesh and pull up tightly to close the end.
  8. Tie the 2 ends of the thread.

By Dianajoyce from Willow Creek, CA

I have saved and cut into squares the mesh (plastic) bags that potatoes, onions and some fruits come in.

You can use these to scrub resin lawn furniture. Use dish washer powder or baking soda and warm water paste. Rinse well. Another use is to scrub your garden pots before replanting in them. Also use them in the bottom of the pots to help keep the soil from running out the bottom.

By Vi Johnson

These plastic net bags make excellent dish scrubbers. I cut the paper top off and kind of roll it up like a sock, and it is fantastic!

Does anyone know of a pattern for these, that is easy and quick?

By Sherry

Answers

http://www.croc … ry/scrubbers.php

Lots of patterns!

Anonymous

try You Tube, I saw videos there for scrubbies.

I am a firm believer in saving money and recycling when it comes to cleaning products. Take a mesh onion bag from produce and place a round sponge, a rolled dish washing cloth or even a scouring pad inside. Then knot the top of bag leaving a small amount to hang up or cut off the extra if you prefer. I then use it while washing dishes. You can make a lot of extras for other areas of home as well (like the bathroom).

By Lisa from Belle Vernon, PA

Answers:

Use a Mesh Onion Bag as a Scrubber

Great tip. Thank you. (04/09/2011)

By Daisy

Once upon a time, I had no scrubber for my pots and skillets, so I put together a single crochet stitch square. I covered it with some old onion netting and tied it together with a small length of yarn and knotted it.

It actually works better than the brand I have been been using. The great thing is it is recycling and keeping the items from a landfill at least for a while.

I have also found potato netting makes a good scrubber. aluminum balled up foil makes a good scrubber for metal things, but not for things that need a nylon scrubber only. I didn't have any foil at the time so that is why I made my own out of the onion netting and the crochet square.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN