Drying Cedar For Building

We just cut down cedar trees to build our garage and I want to use the trees to make hand rails but I am not sure how to go about the drying process. What do I do about the tree sap? I have seen these type of railings in log homes that we toured when we built ours. But, I am lost!

shopping_addiction_woman from Nashville, IN

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Home and Garden Home Improvement Building MaterialsApril 2, 2006
Cedar Chest
Removing Mothball Odor From a Cedar Chest
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
Close up of a lock on a cedar chest.
Restoring a Cedar Chest
Garden Pond
Building a Garden Pond
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:33:47 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.