Set a Timer to Prevent an Overflowing Bathtub

I used to be the world's worst at forever overflowing my bathtub! I'd get it started then wind up on the computer or doing something else and next thing I knew I had water all over the place!

I never overflow it anymore. I went to the dollar store and bought 2 small timers that have the clips on the back. One for each bathroom. Now as soon as I get the water running I grab the timer, set it and start it, and clip it to the neck or as high up as I can of my clothing. As soon as it goes off, I know to go in and shut the water off. I haven't over flowed the tub once since I got these 3 years ago!

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

We have this problem when it comes to refilling our mastiff's water bucket. Sounds like a great frugal way to save water, too!

Overflowing Tub
Preventing an Overflowing Tub
Organizing Memory TricksMay 13, 2009
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
A bathtub.
Cleaning a Textured Bathtub Floor
Using a Water Heater Timer
Using a Water Heater Timer
🎉
🎄