Kitchen Timer Tips and Tricks

Category Kitchen Tools
Using a kitchen timer is a good way to ensure consistency when preparing your recipes. This is a guide about kitchen timer tips and tricks.

I have two kitchen timers and, as for most kitchen timers, you can set them for up to an hour. For extended time, such as timing a slow cooker recipe, it is annoying to have to reset it for each hour.

I was fixing a chicken recipe in my slow cooker yesterday that needed to cook on low for 6 hours. At the same time, I was not going to be home for a couple hours. Suddenly, the light bulb went on. I have a calculator that also has an alarm clock, so I set the alarm for 6 hours later. You could do the same thing with your alarm clock. Set it for the time it takes and forget it. I will be using this also when I make my slow cooker yogurt.

Can anyone recommend a loud kitchen timer that continues to sound until you cut it off? I bought a cheap timer at WalMart but it only sounds once and not loud enough to hear unless you're right in the room with it or fairly close buy. I tried setting the alarm on my cell phone but that's a hassle.

By Betty from Lubbock, TX

Answers

Best Answer

I have the same problem. I can be up in my sewing room and not hear it at all.....solution? I bring the timer with me.

I don't know if there is one that will not shut off since they run on batteries.How about a nice large alarm clock....but that could be a hassle too since you would have to figure out what time to set it each time, but it would be loud. :)