TipsOrganizing

Extending Time on Your Kitchen Timer

I have two kitchen timers and, as for most kitchen timers, you can set them for up to an hour. For extended time, such as timing a slow cooker recipe, it is annoying to have to reset it for each hour.

I was fixing a chicken recipe in my slow cooker yesterday that needed to cook on low for 6 hours. At the same time, I was not going to be home for a couple hours. Suddenly, the light bulb went on. I have a calculator that also has an alarm clock, so I set the alarm for 6 hours later. You could do the same thing with your alarm clock. Set it for the time it takes and forget it. I will be using this also when I make my slow cooker yogurt.