Preventing an Overflowing Tub

Category Bathroom
Overflowing Tub
It's easy to forget and walk away from the bathroom when the tub is filling. This guide is about preventing an overflowing tub.

I used to be the world's worst at forever overflowing my bathtub! I'd get it started then wind up on the computer or doing something else and next thing I knew I had water all over the place!

I never overflow it anymore. I went to the dollar store and bought 2 small timers that have the clips on the back. One for each bathroom. Now as soon as I get the water running I grab the timer, set it and start it, and clip it to the neck or as high up as I can of my clothing. As soon as it goes off, I know to go in and shut the water off. I haven't over flowed the tub once since I got these 3 years ago!

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

We have this problem when it comes to refilling our mastiff's water bucket. Sounds like a great frugal way to save water, too!