Why Can't Scrapbooking Paper Be Acidic?

What is the reason that the paper can't be acidic? I am asking this because I am new to scrapbooking and I have used magazing cutouts and such. I guess I seem a little ignorant but like I said, I am new to this.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Acid will destroy the photos. It lets off fumes. That is why old newspapers turn brown and disintegrate.

Anything with acid can permeate an entire photo album. The plastic in photo albums should be acid free and any paper products used in the album should also be acid free.

If you want to use something in your photo album that isn't acid free such as magazine photos, spray it with archival mist available and scrapbook at hobby shops.

Ever notice now old newspaper clippings turn yellow and crispy after a few years? That's because the paper is not acid-free. Regular "acidic" paper will turn yellow/brown and crispy over time, while acid-free paper won't.

Scarpbooking Supplies
Scrapbooking Tips and Tricks
Crafts Paper ScrapbookingJanuary 9, 2005
Orange kitten photos scrapbooked on a page
Scrapbooking Craft Ideas
Blood Oranges on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Blood Oranges
Various scrapbook supplies.
Scrapbooking Recipes
Scrapbooking papers, embellishments, and scissors.
Saving Money on Scrapbooking
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:32:10 AM on 10.0.1.211 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.