Saving Money on Scrapbooking

Category Scrapbooking
Scrapbooking is a fun hobby and a great way to preserve photos. With all of the different papers and embellishments it can be quite expensive. This is a page about saving money on scrapbooking.

I have tons of pictures in photo albums but I recently met up with a new challenge, scrapbooking! While shopping this weekend I found a scrapbook at a tent sale for $2.00! It has 100 or more pages, is leather but has one drawback, it says Disneyland on the front. Oh well, who'll notice?

The price is motivation enough to get me started. The supplies I used were scrapbooking paper and decorative gift wrapping paper, craft foam, paper glue sticks, tape, scissors and scissors which cut a decorative edge, all my old cards and photos.

With a lot of cutting and pasting I have come up with my first holiday page. I'm really excited about getting started and wanted to pass this along so that others might be inspired to do the same. This brings back that old childhood desire to cut and paste. Only now at my age my family will think I've reverted back to my childhood. At least I'll have something to do when they put me in the nursing home!

Sharon, KY

For custom scrapbooking paper line your scanner or copier bed with a sheet of clear plastic (to protect it). Next take anything you'd like to copy like shells, small stones, pasta, flowers, grass, cookies . . .

Here are tips and tricks for saving time and money on organizing these materials and clearing out the storage space, as suggested by the ThriftyFun community. Post your own advice here.

supplies

Here's a money saving tip for all you scrapbookers out there. instead of buying those expensive scrapbook paper pads, get something for free and is earth friendly - wallpaper books!

I love buying scrapbook paper, but some seem a little pricey, especially the glitter paper. I got the idea to add my own touch to the paper with glitter glue and dimensional fabric paint.

I scrapbook all the time and I use them as gifts for family and friends. This is a hobby that can be very expensive, after you purchase paper and embellishments.

I decided to save money on supplies I started cutting out objects and lettering from catalogs that we receive in the mail.

Easy way to make your own grungy background paper for cards or scrapbooks.

Finished papers.

While I don't scrapbook, my new sewing machine gave me tons of scrapbooking materials, if I was inclined! The manufacturer published a second full manual in a language I don't speak or understand.

After getting into scrapbooking myself I have come to a conclusion that this would be the perfect gift for a special occasion, and I am starting now to build up my "stash" for my daughter-in-law's Christmas present.

Junk mail just got useful! Since I starting scrapbooking, I began saving colored, large backs of envelopes from my junk mail. It is great for backgrounds. I have also used these "scraps" for card-making.

While looking for a flexible ruler to use in scrapbook or card making projects, I found they were quite expensive. Even checked the drafting supplies.

Then my husband wandered over in the fabric section and found exactly what I wanted at a much lower price!

eBay is an inexpensive way to stock up on paper and supplies for scrapbooking. I bought several packs of paper with 200 sheets for under $10.00, with shipping it was still cheaper than the Dollar Store or Dollar Tree.

Crafts Paper ScrapbookingAugust 19, 2011
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf90428454.tip.html