Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

What can I make for dinner with ground beef, carrots, onions, tomato soup, Minute Rice, and sausage?

By Nancy from Nova Scotia

By Barbara Pope [10]12/06/2011

I would suggest going to the following link and clicking on ingredients at the top of the page:

http://www.allrecipes.com

Just a few ideas that come to mind:

Hamburger Rice Soup
Cajun Soup
Beef-Vegetable Soup

By Anonymous [848]02/26/2010

Go to this link and type in all of those ingredients and it will come up with loads of choices :-) There's a tutorial for first timers using the site to help you out, too ;-)

http://www.supercook.com/

Let us know what you decided to make :-)

By Coreen Hart [73]02/26/2010

It sounds like you're in great shape! Here's a recipe I learned from my aunt in Idaho about 50 years ago, and I am still making it.

Layered Casserole
1 pound hamburger
2 cups thinly sliced carrots
1 cup thinly sliced onions
2 cups thinly sliced potatoes
1 can tomato soup

In a 2 quart baking dish, layer hamburger, carrots, onions, and potatoes. Mix tomato soup with 1 can water and pour over layers. Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1/5 hours.

You could also make a layer for the sausage, but it would be nice to save it for another dish later, too. I hope this helps! When you serve it, it looks pretty if you can keep the layers neatly in order, but hey, it will taste good even if your kids stir it up.

By nelliemary [19]02/25/2010

How about a meatloaf?

By Michelle Altman [1]02/25/2010

I would mix all of it together in a big pot, add a little water and some seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc.), and make a soup/stew out of it. You could add the rice in with all of it, or you could leave the rice out, cook it separate and serve the stew over it. Hope this helps.

Here are questions related to What Can I Make With These Ingredients?.

Question: What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

I have flour, sugar, butter, and a Snickers bar. What can I make?

By Yameka

Most Recent Answer

By Tess Vowels01/11/2012

Please come back with what you made. I have these same ingredients, but also have several different on-sale box cake mixes. Thought I'd mix chopped Snickers into the batter & bake a cake!

What can I make with pork chops, carrots, onion, sweet potato, and can of french onion soup?

By Chris

Most Recent Answer

By linda lush12/06/2011

Can check cooks.com too, list ingredients, and they find you a recipe.

Question: What Can I Make for Dinner with These Ingredients?

What can I make using ricotta cheese, linguini, ground beef, butter, cream, pancake mix, bananas, apples, garlic, and green onion?

By Omp from Chicago

Most Recent Answer

By Michawn10/06/2011

There are a few websites that let you input ingredients and give you recipes that match those. Try those.

I have scallops, lemon, orange peppers, chicken stock, garlic, and pasta. What can I make with this?

By Brenda

Most Recent Answer

By Anonymous09/12/2011

If you go to this link and type in the ingredients it will come up with oodles of recipes for you :-)

http://www.supercook.com/

What can I make with eggs, water, flour, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon?

By Rachel

Most Recent Answer

By christi08/03/2011

Go to http://allrecipes.com/ and click on ingredients at the top. Type in the ingredients you have and it will give you a list of recipes with those ingredients.

What can I make with rice, spaghetti sauce, pinto beans, flour, sugar, and seasonings?

By Crystal

Most Recent Answer

By Maile08/03/2011

Spanish rice, and a sweet bean pie!

What can I make with frozen cheese ravioli, frozen chicken breast, and a jar of Alfredo sauce?

By colliesr

Most Recent Answer

By Cassie05/31/2011

You could make it like lasagna, except cook the ravioli according to package and then boil your chicken in a little bit of water til done. Then layer the cheese ravioli on the bottom of the pan and put your cooked chicken(shredded) on top of the ravioli. Then pour the alfredo sauce on top of that. Put in the oven and bake til all is bubbly and heated thoroughly. Yum yum! That sounds so good. Wish that I had those ingredients right now. This is a good recipe for those that are on a restricted diet due to acid reflux and peptic ulcers and can't have fried foods or foods with tomatoes due to the acid content.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

I have cooked chicken, red onions, carrots, red and green peppers in fridge. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do with it?

By sharuth from UK

RE: What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

You can make a savory rice dish by shredding them and add a bit of butter or olive oil and saute them with some herbs and add it to some cooked rice or add the them to a white sauce and put them in some pasta. Thanks.

Dorothy (09/18/2009)

By Dorty

I was thinking rice too, but another option would be to make a chicken soup. You could add noodles or rice, or just make it with veggies. If you wanted to add corn and Mexican spices, you could make something similar to a Chicken Tortilla soup (I think you might need tomatoes for that, too).

My favorite thing is to look through my fridge and see what meal I can create from what I have. I have made a lot of good soups and casseroles this way, usually un-recreatable, unfortunately. (09/18/2009)

By Jess

Most of the big online recipe sites have a place for search by ingredients:

Also these sites let you search by ingredients as well:

By Kaelle

I would suggest one of the following:
  • Chicken Salad - just add something like leaf lettuce and/or spinach and salad dressing
  • Chicken Soup - add some barley and spices and this would probably make a good soup
  • Chicken Sandwiches - add Mayo or Mustard and favorite bread and it would make a good sandwich
(09/18/2009)

By crazyliblady

Chicken stir fry. Cube the chicken. Add some soy sauce and cook until hot. Put over rice. (09/18/2009)

By maggie3956

Chicken and dumplings. Cut the chicken and veggies in bite size, add water and/or milk and cornstarch for thickening. Bring to a simmer. Put dumplings on top (home made, Bisquick, or biscuits) and cover for 20 minutes, and you're good to go. (09/18/2009)

By clynnaltemus

Chicken Pot Pie would also be good. For the sauce, use equal parts butter and flour to make a roux (pronounced roo) then add purchased chicken broth a little at a time to desired thickness using a whisk to stir constantly, add a little salt and pepper to taste, a store bought pie crust and you're done. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes (checking after 20 minutes). (09/19/2009)

By chef4u

Saute the carrots while you cut up the onions and peppers and throw them into the skillet to cook. Add cumin, a dash of oregano, pepper flakes (optional), salt and pepper. When soft, put chicken into pan until hot and wrap all in a tortilla or change the seasonings to anything you like and serve over pasta. If you do this, add a little of the pasta water to the pan to make the sauce creamy. (09/19/2009)

By Goldie2

What can I make with these ingredients listed? I would also like to have the instructions. These ingredients are for a recipe, but I don't have the name or instructions.

• 2 lbs lamb, beef, or pork
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • tbsps. olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
  • 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. fresh oregano
  • 2 tsps. minced garlic
  • 2 tsps. olive oil
  • 1 large white onion thinly sliced
  • 1 tsp. essence
Thanks.

By Liz

The fact that the recipe contains essence makes me think it is an Emeril Lagasse recipe, since he has a spice blend called Essence which he uses in many of his recipes. It also seems as if you would use all the rest of the ingredients to make a marinade or rub for the meat. (01/04/2010)

By Omanana

I use the website foodieview.com to find recipes when I have ingredients on hand and I cannot come up with something new and exciting to put on the table. In their search box you enter ingredients you have on hand, press search and it will show you recipe ideas with websites for ingredients you listed. There is no fee or registration required to use the site.

Have a great day.
Sabrina (01/05/2010)

By sabrinaca