What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

What can I make for dinner with ground beef, carrots, onions, tomato soup, Minute Rice, and sausage?

By Nancy from Nova Scotia

I would mix all of it together in a big pot, add a little water and some seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc.), and make a soup/stew out of it. You could add the rice in with all of it, or you could leave the rice out, cook it separate and serve the stew over it. Hope this helps.

How about a meatloaf?

It sounds like you're in great shape! Here's a recipe I learned from my aunt in Idaho about 50 years ago, and I am still making it.

Layered Casserole

1 pound hamburger

2 cups thinly sliced carrots

1 cup thinly sliced onions

2 cups thinly sliced potatoes

1 can tomato soup

In a 2 quart baking dish, layer hamburger, carrots, onions, and potatoes. Mix tomato soup with 1 can water and pour over layers. Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1/5 hours.

You could also make a layer for the sausage, but it would be nice to save it for another dish later, too. I hope this helps! When you serve it, it looks pretty if you can keep the layers neatly in order, but hey, it will taste good even if your kids stir it up.

Go to this link and type in all of those ingredients and it will come up with loads of choices :-) There's a tutorial for first timers using the site to help you out, too ;-)

http://www.supercook.com/

Let us know what you decided to make :-)

I would suggest going to the following link and clicking on ingredients at the top of the page:

http://www.allrecipes.com

Just a few ideas that come to mind:

Hamburger Rice Soup

Cajun Soup

Beef-Vegetable Soup

July 31, 2011 Flag

What can I make with eggs, water, flour, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon?

By Rachel

Add bread for french toast? muffins, crumb cake.

This is an awesome site to use to find recipes by ingredients!

http://www.supercook.com/

You can also go to this link. Scroll down and you'll find a box to type the ingredients into. Once you do that scroll down a bit more and choose a cuisine.

http://www.recipematcher.com/

You'll find oodles of matching recipes matching those ingredients in assorted categories at both sites. ;-)

Basic crepes. Make a thin runny dough with eggs water and flour. Put a little butter in a frying pan. Pour dough in pan and make a pancake. Coat with sugar and cinnamon.

Another good site is:

http://allrecipes.com/

Here is the link to the ingredients page:

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Ingredients.aspx

September 6, 2011 Flag

I have scallops, lemon, orange peppers, chicken stock, garlic, and pasta. What can I make with this?

By Brenda

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Google the ingredients and see what you come up with.

I'd just toss all the ingredients together with some olive oil and a splash of lemon juice. It sounds like you have what you need for a really nice pasta dish! I often cook my pasta in stock too, it gives it some extra flavor.

Simmer the chicken stock with the garlic for a few minutes until you can smell the garlic in the air, season with salt and pepper. Cook the scallops in the seasoned broth until just about done but not quite. Remove scallops from broth and set aside. Reduce the broth a bit and add a little flour/cornstarch to thicken. Add some cream or milk if you have any. slice/chop (however you like) the orange peppers and add to the sauce. Toss with your (already cooked) pasta and scallops. Serve with a little Parmesan cheese and basil if you have any :)

Oh, I forgot...add some lemon zest to the sauce right before its done, and after it's finished (ie, already on your plate). Squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over top. You want to lemon at the end. It tastes acidic, but in its natural state it is alkaline. Adding heat makes it more acidic and not so good for your digestive system (the closer to raw the better).

July 31, 2011 Flag

What can I make with rice, spaghetti sauce, pinto beans, flour, sugar, and seasonings?

By Crystal

Have you tried recipe websites that let you add the ingredients you want and don't want in a recipe. These sources are helpful when you're trying to eat out of the pantry and freezer and limit your trips to the grocery store.

You can type the ingredients in at both of these sites and oodles of assorted recipes will show up on both. When you try the second link you have to scroll down just a bit to get to the ingredient function tab.

http://www.supercook.com/

http://www.recipematcher.com/

Spanish rice, and a sweet bean pie!

December 5, 2011 Flag

What can I make with pork chops, carrots, onion, sweet potato, and can of french onion soup?

By Chris

I love french onion soup!

Trim any extra fat off the chops, and season the chops up well with salt and pepper. Cut the vegetables up into about 1 inch pieces. (Peel the sweet potatoes first).

If you have a 'crock pot', put the veggies in first, then top with the chops. Mix the soup (if it is condensed) with about 1/2 cup of water or broth, and pour over top of all. Cover and cook on low about 6 hours till the veggies are all tender.

You can them remove all the meat and veggies, and if the 'gravy' is too thin, turn the pot on high, leave the lid off, and let it thicken. Just keep an eye on it, and stir often.

You can serve that hot cooked rice, noodles, bread, and salad.

Sounds yummy to me! Best of luck to you!

Go to this link, type in each of those ingredients in the green box on the left side of the page and oodles of assorted yummy recipes will pop up :-)

http://www.supercook.com/

Can check cooks.com too, list ingredients, and they find you a recipe.

October 4, 2011 Flag

What can I make using ricotta cheese, linguini, ground beef, butter, cream, pancake mix, bananas, apples, garlic, and green onion?

By Omp from Chicago

I would brown the burger with the garlic. Saute the green onion and mix with the burger - set aside. In the same pan, make a simple white sauce with the butter and cream, using canned broth to stretch it, if you have some. Otherwise, just thicken with cornstarch and water. An alternative is to add a jar of spaghetti sauce to the meat and save your cream and butter for dessert.

For dessert, make crepes, by thinning the pancake batter. Add some powdered sugar to the ricotta to sweeten it. Saute the bananas and/or apples (separately) in butter until soft. Top the crepes with the sweetened ricotta and fruit. Use the cream in your coffee!

Here is an absolutely perfect tool for searching recipes by ingredient:

http://www.supercook.com/

Type all of them in one by one and click the 'add' button in between each ingredient. After you're done look to the right and you will find oodles of assorted recipes. :-) Oh, and if you have some parmesan and olive oil on hand you can try this quick and easy pasta dish recently posted here at ThriftyFun:

Garlic Linguini

This is a quick pasta dish and heaven for garlic lovers! Excellent served with a salad tossed with balsamic or red wine vinaigrette and crusty bread smothered with unsalted butter. This dish tastes great reheated the next day if you have leftovers too.

1 lb linguini

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

1 tbsp minced garlic, or more to taste

1/4 cup parmesan or asiago cheese, grated

Extra grated parmesan or asiago cheese for garnish, if desired

Directions:

Bring a pot of water to a boil, add linguini and cook al dente according to package directions.

While pasta is cooking heat a small skillet or saucepan over low heat, add olive oil and garlic, sauté until garlic is fragrant and remove from heat.

Drain pasta, return to pasta pot, immediately pour olive oil and garlic over the pasta, stir to coat, stir in the cheese and serve.

There are a few websites that let you input ingredients and give you recipes that match those. Try those.

May 28, 2011 Flag

What can I make with frozen cheese ravioli, frozen chicken breast, and a jar of Alfredo sauce?

By colliesr

If you have or could get a small can of tomatoes, you will have a yummy meal. You slice chicken breast in half horizontally (fillet them). If you have on hand, bread crumbs then dip them in some water or egg and drag them thru it both sides coating them well. Bake on pan sprayed with cooking spray or a little oil to prevent sticking. Bake on one side for about 20 minutes turn them on the other side, add the can tomatoes drained of all juice, then a little alfredo sauce of the sauce to cover the tomato, bake for about 15 minutes til done. If you don't bread them then you can cut into small cubes about 1" and saute them in oil it lightly browned, then add can tomatoes, (drained of tomatoe juice first.) Heat sauce, cook ravioli according to directions. Viola, dinner is served! Hope this helps.

Here is a link to a site where you give them your ingredients and they'll find a recipe for you:

http://www.recipematcher.com/

You could make it like lasagna, except cook the ravioli according to package and then boil your chicken in a little bit of water til done. Then layer the cheese ravioli on the bottom of the pan and put your cooked chicken(shredded) on top of the ravioli. Then pour the alfredo sauce on top of that. Put in the oven and bake til all is bubbly and heated thoroughly. Yum yum! That sounds so good. Wish that I had those ingredients right now. This is a good recipe for those that are on a restricted diet due to acid reflux and peptic ulcers and can't have fried foods or foods with tomatoes due to the acid content.

January 9, 2012 Flag

I have flour, sugar, butter, and a Snickers bar. What can I make?

By Yameka

Go to this link and type in all of those ingredients and it will come up with loads of choices. There's a tutorial for first timers using the site to help you out, too ;-)

http://www.supercook.com/

Please come back with what you made. I have these same ingredients, but also have several different on-sale box cake mixes. Thought I'd mix chopped Snickers into the batter & bake a cake!

Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceFebruary 25, 2010
close up of pepperoni pizzaa
Bubble Pizza Recipes
Measuring Ingredients
Measuring Ingredients
Jar of hand cream with flowers and woman's hands applying cream in the background.
Homemade Hand Cream Recipes
A woman looking in the refrigerator.
What Can I Make With These Ingredients?
🎉
🎄