What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

What can I make for dinner with ground beef, carrots, onions, tomato soup, Minute Rice, and sausage?

By Nancy from Nova Scotia

I would mix all of it together in a big pot, add a little water and some seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc.), and make a soup/stew out of it. You could add the rice in with all of it, or you could leave the rice out, cook it separate and serve the stew over it. Hope this helps.

How about a meatloaf?

It sounds like you're in great shape! Here's a recipe I learned from my aunt in Idaho about 50 years ago, and I am still making it.

Layered Casserole

1 pound hamburger

2 cups thinly sliced carrots

1 cup thinly sliced onions

2 cups thinly sliced potatoes

1 can tomato soup

In a 2 quart baking dish, layer hamburger, carrots, onions, and potatoes. Mix tomato soup with 1 can water and pour over layers. Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1/5 hours.

You could also make a layer for the sausage, but it would be nice to save it for another dish later, too. I hope this helps! When you serve it, it looks pretty if you can keep the layers neatly in order, but hey, it will taste good even if your kids stir it up.

Anonymous

Go to this link and type in all of those ingredients and it will come up with loads of choices :-) There's a tutorial for first timers using the site to help you out, too ;-)

http://www.supercook.com/

Let us know what you decided to make :-)

I would suggest going to the following link and clicking on ingredients at the top of the page:

http://www.allrecipes.com

Just a few ideas that come to mind:

Hamburger Rice Soup

Cajun Soup

Beef-Vegetable Soup

What can I make with eggs, water, flour, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon?

By Rachel

Add bread for french toast? muffins, crumb cake.

Anonymous

This is an awesome site to use to find recipes by ingredients!

http://www.supercook.com/

You can also go to this link. Scroll down and you'll find a box to type the ingredients into. Once you do that scroll down a bit more and choose a cuisine.

http://www.recipematcher.com/

You'll find oodles of matching recipes matching those ingredients in assorted categories at both sites. ;-)

Basic crepes. Make a thin runny dough with eggs water and flour. Put a little butter in a frying pan. Pour dough in pan and make a pancake. Coat with sugar and cinnamon.

Another good site is:

http://allrecipes.com/

Here is the link to the ingredients page:

http://allrecip  Ingredients.aspx

I have scallops, lemon, orange peppers, chicken stock, garlic, and pasta. What can I make with this?

By Brenda

Google the ingredients and see what you come up with.

I'd just toss all the ingredients together with some olive oil and a splash of lemon juice. It sounds like you have what you need for a really nice pasta dish! I often cook my pasta in stock too, it gives it some extra flavor.

Simmer the chicken stock with the garlic for a few minutes until you can smell the garlic in the air, season with salt and pepper. Cook the scallops in the seasoned broth until just about done but not quite. Remove scallops from broth and set aside. Reduce the broth a bit and add a little flour/cornstarch to thicken. Add some cream or milk if you have any. slice/chop (however you like) the orange peppers and add to the sauce. Toss with your (already cooked) pasta and scallops. Serve with a little Parmesan cheese and basil if you have any :)

Oh, I forgot...add some lemon zest to the sauce right before its done, and after it's finished (ie, already on your plate). Squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over top. You want to lemon at the end. It tastes acidic, but in its natural state it is alkaline. Adding heat makes it more acidic and not so good for your digestive system (the closer to raw the better).

What can I make with rice, spaghetti sauce, pinto beans, flour, sugar, and seasonings?

By Crystal

Have you tried recipe websites that let you add the ingredients you want and don't want in a recipe. These sources are helpful when you're trying to eat out of the pantry and freezer and limit your trips to the grocery store.

Anonymous

You can type the ingredients in at both of these sites and oodles of assorted recipes will show up on both. When you try the second link you have to scroll down just a bit to get to the ingredient function tab.

http://www.supercook.com/

http://www.recipematcher.com/

http://allrecip  Ingredients.aspx

Spanish rice, and a sweet bean pie!

What can I make with pork chops, carrots, onion, sweet potato, and can of french onion soup?

By Chris

I love french onion soup!

Trim any extra fat off the chops, and season the chops up well with salt and pepper. Cut the vegetables up into about 1 inch pieces. (Peel the sweet potatoes first).

If you have a 'crock pot', put the veggies in first, then top with the chops. Mix the soup (if it is condensed) with about 1/2 cup of water or broth, and pour over top of all. Cover and cook on low about 6 hours till the veggies are all tender.

You can them remove all the meat and veggies, and if the 'gravy' is too thin, turn the pot on high, leave the lid off, and let it thicken. Just keep an eye on it, and stir often.

You can serve that hot cooked rice, noodles, bread, and salad.

Sounds yummy to me! Best of luck to you!

Anonymous

Go to this link, type in each of those ingredients in the green box on the left side of the page and oodles of assorted yummy recipes will pop up :-)

http://www.supercook.com/

Can check cooks.com too, list ingredients, and they find you a recipe.

What can I make using ricotta cheese, linguini, ground beef, butter, cream, pancake mix, bananas, apples, garlic, and green onion?

By Omp from Chicago

I would brown the burger with the garlic. Saute the green onion and mix with the burger - set aside. In the same pan, make a simple white sauce with the butter and cream, using canned broth to stretch it, if you have some. Otherwise, just thicken with cornstarch and water. An alternative is to add a jar of spaghetti sauce to the meat and save your cream and butter for dessert.

For dessert, make crepes, by thinning the pancake batter. Add some powdered sugar to the ricotta to sweeten it. Saute the bananas and/or apples (separately) in butter until soft. Top the crepes with the sweetened ricotta and fruit. Use the cream in your coffee!

Anonymous

Here is an absolutely perfect tool for searching recipes by ingredient:

http://www.supercook.com/

Type all of them in one by one and click the 'add' button in between each ingredient. After you're done look to the right and you will find oodles of assorted recipes. :-) Oh, and if you have some parmesan and olive oil on hand you can try this quick and easy pasta dish recently posted here at ThriftyFun:

Garlic Linguini

This is a quick pasta dish and heaven for garlic lovers! Excellent served with a salad tossed with balsamic or red wine vinaigrette and crusty bread smothered with unsalted butter. This dish tastes great reheated the next day if you have leftovers too.

1 lb linguini

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

1 tbsp minced garlic, or more to taste

1/4 cup parmesan or asiago cheese, grated

Extra grated parmesan or asiago cheese for garnish, if desired

Directions:

Bring a pot of water to a boil, add linguini and cook al dente according to package directions.

While pasta is cooking heat a small skillet or saucepan over low heat, add olive oil and garlic, sauté until garlic is fragrant and remove from heat.

Drain pasta, return to pasta pot, immediately pour olive oil and garlic over the pasta, stir to coat, stir in the cheese and serve.

There are a few websites that let you input ingredients and give you recipes that match those. Try those.

What can I make with frozen cheese ravioli, frozen chicken breast, and a jar of Alfredo sauce?

By colliesr

If you have or could get a small can of tomatoes, you will have a yummy meal. You slice chicken breast in half horizontally (fillet them). If you have on hand, bread crumbs then dip them in some water or egg and drag them thru it both sides coating them well. Bake on pan sprayed with cooking spray or a little oil to prevent sticking. Bake on one side for about 20 minutes turn them on the other side, add the can tomatoes drained of all juice, then a little alfredo sauce of the sauce to cover the tomato, bake for about 15 minutes til done. If you don't bread them then you can cut into small cubes about 1" and saute them in oil it lightly browned, then add can tomatoes, (drained of tomatoe juice first.) Heat sauce, cook ravioli according to directions. Viola, dinner is served! Hope this helps.

Here is a link to a site where you give them your ingredients and they'll find a recipe for you:

http://www.recipematcher.com/

You could make it like lasagna, except cook the ravioli according to package and then boil your chicken in a little bit of water til done. Then layer the cheese ravioli on the bottom of the pan and put your cooked chicken(shredded) on top of the ravioli. Then pour the alfredo sauce on top of that. Put in the oven and bake til all is bubbly and heated thoroughly. Yum yum! That sounds so good. Wish that I had those ingredients right now. This is a good recipe for those that are on a restricted diet due to acid reflux and peptic ulcers and can't have fried foods or foods with tomatoes due to the acid content.

I have flour, sugar, butter, and a Snickers bar. What can I make?

By Yameka

Anonymous

Go to this link and type in all of those ingredients and it will come up with loads of choices. There's a tutorial for first timers using the site to help you out, too ;-)

http://www.supercook.com/

Please come back with what you made. I have these same ingredients, but also have several different on-sale box cake mixes. Thought I'd mix chopped Snickers into the batter & bake a cake!

What can I make with these ingredients listed? I would also like to have the instructions. These ingredients are for a recipe, but I don't have the name or instructions.

• 2 lbs lamb, beef, or pork
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • tbsps. olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
  • 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. fresh oregano
  • 2 tsps. minced garlic
  • 2 tsps. olive oil
  • 1 large white onion thinly sliced
  • 1 tsp. essence

Thanks.

By Liz

Answers:

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

The fact that the recipe contains essence makes me think it is an Emeril Lagasse recipe, since he has a spice blend called Essence which he uses in many of his recipes. It also seems as if you would use all the rest of the ingredients to make a marinade or rub for the meat. (01/04/2010)

By Omanana

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

I use the website foodieview.com to find recipes when I have ingredients on hand and I cannot come up with something new and exciting to put on the table. In their search box you enter ingredients you have on hand, press search and it will show you recipe ideas with websites for ingredients you listed. There is no fee or registration required to use the site.

Have a great day.
Sabrina (01/05/2010)

By sabrinaca

I have got the following ingredients:
salmon
potatoes
dried garlic
dried rosemary
onion
mushrooms
bread
bread crumbs
tinned toamtoes
butter
beetroot
cheese
corn flour
chicken
What can I make from this please?

By Louise

Answers:

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

You could make breaded salmon with cheesey mashed potatoes, but otherwise I agree go online I go to allrecipies.com and you can search dishes by ingredients. Hope I helped. (11/27/2009)

By sweetpeadtg

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

Try supercook.com. You sign up, list all the ingredients you have on hand and it searches recipe search engines for recipes you can make. I use it all the time for inspiration when I'm not feeling creative. (11/27/2009)

By thriftyboo

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

These sites let you type in/check off ingredients you have on hand and work a recipe around them. Great for days when you have a couple things on hand, but not everything you need to cook what you wanted to make.

allrecipes.com
cookingbynumbers.com

recipematcher.com
firehousechef.com (11/30/2009)

By trixie118

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

In addition to the sites listed try: leftoverchef.com (11/30/2009)

By rjwilcox

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

Salmon patties with herb roasted potatoes and mushrooms, bake the chicken with garlic, rosemary, and the tomatoes. This dish is served with crispy croutons (cut bread into very small pieces, saute with a little garlic, butter and onion, cook til dry or stick in the oven on a cookie sheet til dried and crispy); make a syrup with vinegar and sugar, heat til almost boiling, add chopped beetroot and cover, let mellow for an hour or so and serve as a side dish.

Grilled cheese sandwiches are always easy and good, add chopped mushrooms and maybe grilled onions to the sandwich or drain the tomatoes well and chop to add to the sandwiches, use the tomato juice in the can to make a soup to serve with the grilled cheese. Make oven fries on the side.

You can boil the chicken and use the stock to make mushroom soup, use the chicken for chicken salad or chicken and potatoes, make mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes and chicken.

There are a lot of meals involved in your ingredients, you just need to learn to improvise. (12/01/2009)

By wolfbytez

I have cooked chicken, red onions, carrots, red and green peppers in fridge. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do with it?

By sharuth from UK

Answers:

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

You can make a savory rice dish by shredding them and add a bit of butter or olive oil and saute them with some herbs and add it to some cooked rice or add the them to a white sauce and put them in some pasta. Thanks.

Dorothy (09/18/2009)

By Dorty

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

I was thinking rice too, but another option would be to make a chicken soup. You could add noodles or rice, or just make it with veggies. If you wanted to add corn and Mexican spices, you could make something similar to a Chicken Tortilla soup (I think you might need tomatoes for that, too).

My favorite thing is to look through my fridge and see what meal I can create from what I have. I have made a lot of good soups and casseroles this way, usually un-recreatable, unfortunately. (09/18/2009)

By Jess

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

Most of the big online recipe sites have a place for search by ingredients:

Also these sites let you search by ingredients as well:

By Kaelle

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

I would suggest one of the following:

• Chicken Salad - just add something like leaf lettuce and/or spinach and salad dressing
  • Chicken Soup - add some barley and spices and this would probably make a good soup
  • Chicken Sandwiches - add Mayo or Mustard and favorite bread and it would make a good sandwich
(09/18/2009)

By crazyliblady

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

Chicken stir fry. Cube the chicken. Add some soy sauce and cook until hot. Put over rice. (09/18/2009)

By maggie3956

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

Chicken and dumplings. Cut the chicken and veggies in bite size, add water and/or milk and cornstarch for thickening. Bring to a simmer. Put dumplings on top (home made, Bisquick, or biscuits) and cover for 20 minutes, and you're good to go. (09/18/2009)

By clynnaltemus

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

Chicken Pot Pie would also be good. For the sauce, use equal parts butter and flour to make a roux (pronounced roo) then add purchased chicken broth a little at a time to desired thickness using a whisk to stir constantly, add a little salt and pepper to taste, a store bought pie crust and you're done. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes (checking after 20 minutes). (09/19/2009)

By chef4u

What Can I Make With These Ingredients?

Saute the carrots while you cut up the onions and peppers and throw them into the skillet to cook. Add cumin, a dash of oregano, pepper flakes (optional), salt and pepper. When soft, put chicken into pan until hot and wrap all in a tortilla or change the seasonings to anything you like and serve over pasta. If you do this, add a little of the pasta water to the pan to make the sauce creamy. (09/19/2009)

By Goldie2