Uses for Leftover Frosting

Any suggestions for using leftover frosting? I have two containers that are half full and would like to be able to do something with them besides on a cake.

Kim H. from Joppa, MD

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You could make another cake! My husband uses it on vanilla wafers and makes a sandwich cookie. I don't much like it so that works out great. You can melt it and pour over ice cream. Or just do what I do: Eat it right out of the can right out of the frig!

Use it as a dip for strawberries! One of my favorite snacks is chocolate frosting and peanut butter on graham crackers - Delish!

I freeze it. Then when I need to bring a dessert to a party I make sugar cookies from a bag mix. Once cookies are cool. Microwave frosting 30 seconds and icing them up. Everyone will think you were baking all day! I place wax paper between the stacks of cookies until frosting hardens.

Ice graham crackers and make them into sandwich cookies! Yum-O!

Dip pretzels in them and put in freezer for snacks later.

You can make fudge with frosting. There are a couple of recipes in the comments on this thread:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf50934025.tip.html

Answer

Buttercream Frosting Recipes
Buttercream Frosting Recipes
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Vanilla frosting on a lemon layer cake.
Vanilla Frosting Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 11:10:13 PM on 10.0.0.75 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.