Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Blood on Microfiber

What should I use to get blood out of a microfiber couch?

Dara from Fort Leonard Wood, MO

By

By Cyinda [214]12/20/2007

HYDROGEN PEROXIDE removes pretty much any ORGANIC stain. That means any stain that comes from a natural substance. Thus, It'll remove blood, red wine, hot cocoa, coffee or latte & grape "juice", but NOT grape "kool-aid" & won''t remove artificial colors or dyes.

The hydrogen peroxide works with oxygen fizzing out & eating up the milk. It leaves no residue, so no need to rinse it out. Just pour it on, let it fizz & do it's thing, repeat if necessary & blot with a clean white rag. On some things (like large wall to wall carpets with many stains) it's best to put the peroxide in a well marked small spray bottle & just spray it on the stains. Always test peroxide or ANY stain fighter in an inconspicuous area first!

I've found there are only 2 things that get rid of Blood: AMMONIA or PEROXIDE... one just smells better! <*grin*>

By Debe (Guest Post)12/20/2007

To remove blood from anything. Quick and Bright, an Infommerical product. It is safe on anything.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Blood on Microfiber

I need help cleaning blood off microfiber sofa? Beach from FL

RE: Blood on Microfiber

I'd try "Nature's Miracle" - you can find it in pet stores. (11/08/2006)

By CarlaJS

RE: Blood on Microfiber

I work as a nurse, and have found if I try hydrogen peroxide and cold water first on blood stains they come out. Now I don't know for sure about a microfiber couch... just a suggestion. (11/08/2006)

By kimbe37

RE: Blood on Microfiber

I would try plain cold water before I tried anything else. I've found it to be very effective on clothing. (11/10/2006)

By tedsmom

RE: Blood on Microfiber

Just used alcohol on bloodstain on microfiber. It worked perfectly! I just used q-tips to dab on the alcohol in small spots and immediately blotted the spots with a clean white towel (blood stains were on a light beige chair) Thanks so much! (07/01/2007)

By tawee