Fizz Savers Review

Has anybody tried the product called "Fizz Savers"? (It locks in the bubbles and flavor on opened soda cans so you can put the can in the fridge and finish it later.)

Lynn from Chico, CA

I got this as a gift from

First of all: The pictured item is not what I got. The unit's base in the pictures is about a 1/2 inch thick. The base of my unit is flimsy plastic and will break after screwing on a few bottles. This thing is VERY cheaply built!

Also, the dispenser nozzle in the picture shows someone pushing down to release fluid. Mine requires using a cup to push inwards and this is very awkward since you need to hold on to the whole contraption; and having the flimsy base can make the whole thing come tumbling down.

Second of all, this idea has promise but the real-world physics of this product simply cannot deliver what it suggests. After screwing on the product and putting all in the fridge, everything seemed fine. After waiting a few minutes for the pressure to build, I went to pour a drink and all you get are carbonation bubbles with very little drinkable liquid. What is left in the cup is completely flat and disgusting.

This concept, taken into practice, only serves as a very efficient way of separating the carbonation from the liquid. This product simply does not work, DO NOT WASTE your money. I can't believe I wasted nearly $20 on this piece of garbage.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Food and DrinkJuly 31, 2008
A woman holding a cooked turkey.
Thanksgiving Time Savers
Chicken Skillet
Chicken Skillet Recipes
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal
Woman Cooking in the Kitchen
Kitchen Time Savers