Use Refrigerator as Dry Erase Board

Whiteboards are awesome items to have around the house. Uses range from chore lists to honey-do lists and reminders. If you don't own one already, I bet you already have one that you weren't aware of - your refrigerator!

Before you go writing all over it, test an inconspicuous small area to ensure its erasability. I attached the sticky side of a magnet to a dry erase marker so I don't have to scramble around looking for something to write with. My kid's chore list is on the front of ours so they don't need a verbal reminder of what they need to do. Hope this helps someone else too.

By ppotter from Hillsborough, NC

You have to be careful though, not to leave the writing on too long. We used to do that with our white fridge & when I tried to clean some of the words that had been on there a long time, they left a stain the color of the marker that never completely came off.

If you have a textured front on your fridge, I'd imagine you could attach a small whiteboard. A cheap/free alternative whiteboard is the styrofoam (well-washed, of course) from any package of meat.

And I hear you can remove wipe-off marker stain by marking over the spot with fresh marks and immediately wipe it off. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

A piece of clear Contact paper placed on the area to be used will prevent marker stains.