Moldy cheese is still safe to eat. Just cut away the mold.
Editor's Note: Here's some more information on moldy cheese.
"Question - Is it healthy to eat moldy cheese?
Some cheese is actually made by introducing mold into it! Some examples are Roquefort, blue, Gorgonzola, and Stilton cheese. These molds are completely safe to eat. However, if you have a soft cheese that becomes moldy, it is best to through it away. If you have a hard cheese that becomes moldy, cut the mold off an inch around each side. Make sure your knife doesn't touch the mold. Re-wrap the cheese in a new wrap or container. Eating moldy cheese can cause allergic reactions or respiratory problems. Some molds even produce a type of toxin that can make you sick. It is better to be safe than sorry, don't eat moldy cheese unless it's the safe kind of mold!
If you have a dog, give the moldy cheese to the dog. All dogs love cheese. Note, when our cocker spaniel was expecting, the vet said that cheese was high in calcium and so besides her human (one that we could take) calcium tablet each day, we also gave her cheese.
don't give your dog mouldy cheese... ever...
My dog just got two seizures from eating mouldy cheeese. My dog is 13 years old and I'm only giving him dog food from now on. No treats of human food ever. Sorry, but I thought he was having a stroke and was going to die. Don't give your dog mouldy cheese. It isn't worth the risk.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!