"Oh My Chai" Powdered Tea Recipe

Can I make a drink at home that tastes like (Tastefully Simple's Oh My:Chai) drink?

By kaky

First, here is a recipe I have used many times, and absolutely LOVE; don't skip any steps, or ingredients:

Chai tea mix

1 cup nonfat dry milk powder

1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer

1 cup French vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer

2 1/2 cups white sugar

1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea

2 teaspoons ground ginger

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground cloves

1 teaspoon ground cardamom

1. In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla flavored creamer, sugar and instant tea. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.

2. To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot water.

(I buy my cardamom at a bulk foods store, as it is too pricey in the grocery store--but essential to this mix.)

That batch will last you a LONG time.

However, as you can see, the recipe has a lot of sugar. (They all do, unfortunately.)

Something I enjoy as an alternative, with NO guilt, is the Celestial Seasons "India Spice" Chai Tea bags, with sugar free french vanilla non-dairy creamer powder. It really is a fair substitute, letting me save the more caloric (but yummy) chai mix for special occasions.

I posted a recipe that is in the archives a while back. See it below.

This recipe does not taste like Tastefully Simple Chai tea. I am an addict for that stuff, and haven't found anything like it. I followed this recipe EXACTLY, and it does not taste the same. Tastefully Simple is more creamy and has less of a tea taste to it.

I have used the recipe submitted by Jilson and it is great. I have made it for Christmas gifts as well!

I love the Bigelow vanilla spice chai tea bags. I add two packets of Splenda and a couple of dollops of milk, and it is Yummy.

Chai Tea Mix Recipes
Chai Tea Mix Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat BeveragesNovember 13, 2010
A sugar mill making powdered sugar.
How to Make Confectioners (Powdered) Sugar
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
Japanese Matcha Tea
Health Benefits of Japanese Matcha Tea