Creating a Root Cellar Indoors

I grew up with a root cellar. My current home is in an old house that has no basement, I can't get into the attic (I am physically unable to use ladders), and no garage. Although there areas of the house that don't have heat sources they can not be isolated so as to assure the proper low temperatures. The best possibility is pantry, but it also serves as my laundry. I have lived here for 10 years and still can't find a workable solution.

By jb

You stated you wanted this to be indoors; how about one just on the outside of your home? Is this a possibility at all?

Check www.motherearthnews.com; they have a ton of resources available, re: all kinds of things like this with lots of information on do it yourself things including solar ovens, earth stoves, etc. and I am sure many have found a solution to this very problem! Good luck!

I converted my closet at the entrance of my place. It is by the front door, as it is hardly used and instead of collecting junk, it now serves as a root cellar for me.

Indoor Root Cellar
Creating an Indoor Root Cellar
Food and Recipes StorageSeptember 26, 2010
palm near window
Growing Palms Indoors
Root Vegetables
Recipes Using Root Vegetables
Root Cellar
Making an Above Ground Root Cellar
Creating a Simple Website for a Business, Website URL on a computer screen.
Creating a Simple Website for a Business
🎉
🎄