Add Scent To Your Vent

While talking to my kid brother yesterday on the phone, he told me about an idea he had tried. I changed it a little bit and am going to share it here. It is an inexpensive way to add scent to any room without candles or expensive sprays.

Take a clean sock and douse it with your favorite after shave or cologne. Take the cover off the vent in the room you wish to use this in and attach the sock to the grate with twist ties or such. Replace the vent cover and every time your furnace kicks on, scented air will waft into the room. This could also be done with potpourri if you wanted by filling the sock partially. The nice part of this is that you can change the scent easily and as often as you wish.

I am using this idea as it is better in my house not to use candles a lot. I have an overly curious cat that likes to get too close to the flame sometimes.

By Chris from Oshkosh, WI

To add scent to my rooms i put dryer sheets in front of the heat vent. When the scent is gone then you can use the sheets to do your dusting with.

When I get a few extra dollars, I like to use store brand Fabric Freshener spray from hand pump for our air freshener because I can safely use it on curtains, upholstery, and lamp shades and carpet, to prolong the lasting effects.

We don't use candles except in an emergency because the smoke from the only candles we can afford causes significant hydrocarbons in the air we

must breathe, which can lead to Lung Cancer. This seems to have been discovered many years ago then led to studies about smoked foods, yielding

similar results about it causing cancer.

I've had several relatives, friends, acquaintenances who have died gruesome deaths from Cancer which raised my awareness of how some cancers are begun. It isn't only as simple as this, since I understand the hydrocarbon must be able to attach itself to some irritation within our mucous membrane linings, which THEN often leads to cancer at that sight.

I also like to keep my home as clean as possible so that I don't have to rely on fragrances or sprays very much. I fall behind more now, but like the fabric

fresheners the best. : )

Great idea! I'm going to give it a try.

what a great idea. and what a great way to use those holey socks.

You can also add scent to your entire home by using Filter Breeze ( A few sprays on the furnance filter last for days and you control the amount of scent by how many sprays go on the filter.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Air FreshenersMay 24, 2007
Floor Air Vent
Removing Urine Odors From an Air Vent
wild mouse
Keeping Mice Out of a Dryer Vent
Clothes Dryer
Cleaning a Dryer Vent
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri, Dried Flowers in Container
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri