Dry Dog Food Recipe

The best dry dog food is homemade. Ensure that your dog is eating high quality ingredients by learning how to make your own dog food. Check out these healthy dry dog food recipes in this guide.

March 5, 2010 Flag

Have just become a member, great site, lots of useful stuff! I noticed someone asking about dog food recipes; and I make a dry food for my Border Collie, 2 Chihuahuas, and 1 Papillon.

Grate a range of veggies to make about 2 cups: potato, carrot, or pumpkin (don't use onion). Mix in 1 lb (1/2kg) of minced beef, chicken, turkey, 2 eggs, and about 1/2 cup good plain yoghurt. Blend thoroughly and add enough plain flour to make the mix 'rollable'.

Press into scone trays or similar, score the top with a knife into the size pieces you want (little pieces for small dogs, larger for your big guys) and bake in a slow oven until the biscuit is quite dry.

I find the dogs just love them, they contain all the goodies they need and are also very handy for traveling. I actually add a few capsules of fish oil and empty capsules of glucosamine into my mix as my Collie gets arthritis. It helps her tremendously and certainly does no harm to my other babies either! Just break up the pieces when cooked and cool and store in airtight containers. Get a few trays done and freeze some also.

Cheers

By Vicki K from Australia

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Top Comment

I stopped using commercial dog food long ago by making the food myself. One surprising benefit from doing that is LESS dog poop to pick up! Generally they eat the commercial food and the same amount that goes in also comes out. So I assume that nothing much happens in between. When given REAL food 90% of it is actually absorbed with little food being expelled! That makes for a healthier happier dog.

Pets Dogs Dog Food RecipesJanuary 17, 2017
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Dry Dog Shampoo Recipes
Dry Dog Shampoo Recipes
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
Homemade Dog Food Recipes
Homemade Dog Food Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 12:12:13 AM on 10.0.0.171 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.